DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 108
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Verizon's CFO Says that "unlimited" is "just a word" and "doesn't mean anything."

  1. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sNuFfYStiGLiTZ View Post
    Man....Come December I'm canceling my Verizon contract. I want to the Note 2 and it would be cheaper to pay the early termination fee of probably 300 dollars (My contract ends next September so it should be cheaper to cancel), sell my Galaxy Nexus on eBay to help with the fee, go to Sprint and sign up with an unlimited data contract with the Note 2 for 300 dollars, which is what the phone should cost. With my military discount, the bill should be cheaper than what I pay with Verizon. So either end up paying about 400 dollars to switch and get a new phone or I could just stick with Verizon, pay 800 dollars for the Note 2 and still get reamed....That's a tough choice wouldn't you say?
    there is really only one reason to stick with verizon, and its a pretty big one to a lot of people... 4G LTE...sure att has it some, and sprint is working on it but verizon has more 4g lte than all the rest combined by a long shot...sure get unlimited data with sprint but on 3g its practically pointless

    another reason though is verizon generally has the best and biggest overall coverage, att is pretty good as well and sprint is still working on expanding coverage areas
    jubilee32 likes this.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  2. Droid
    Yonahdad's Avatar
    Member #
    217771
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Note III
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sNuFfYStiGLiTZ View Post
    Man....Come December I'm canceling my Verizon contract. I want to the Note 2 and it would be cheaper to pay the early termination fee of probably 300 dollars (My contract ends next September so it should be cheaper to cancel), sell my Galaxy Nexus on eBay to help with the fee, go to Sprint and sign up with an unlimited data contract with the Note 2 for 300 dollars, which is what the phone should cost. With my military discount, the bill should be cheaper than what I pay with Verizon. So either end up paying about 400 dollars to switch and get a new phone or I could just stick with Verizon, pay 800 dollars for the Note 2 and still get reamed....That's a tough choice wouldn't you say?
    Good luck w/getting all of your text messages or all of your calls w/Sprint..
    jroc and vien like this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    syndicate0017's Avatar
    Member #
    166960
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    there is really only one reason to stick with verizon, and its a pretty big one to a lot of people... 4G LTE...sure att has it some, and sprint is working on it but verizon has more 4g lte than all the rest combined by a long shot...sure get unlimited data with sprint but on 3g its practically pointless

    another reason though is verizon generally has the best and biggest overall coverage, att is pretty good as well and sprint is still working on expanding coverage areas
    If you go to TMobile for the $30/month plan (what I'm planning on doing) and have HSPA+ in your area, you really won't notice a difference. It's still much faster than Verizon 3G.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  4. Master Droid
    xxwabbit's Avatar
    Member #
    26774
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    #14
    Hmm.. I'd bet money he has unlimited... Everything
  5. Super Moderator
    mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Member #
    114152
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,027
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by xxwabbit View Post
    Hmm.. I'd bet money he has unlimited... Everything
    I'd bet money they pay for his contract and phone as well.

    Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
    Fassedd likes this.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Master Droid
    Narsil's Avatar
    Member #
    727
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    #16
    Unlimited doesn't mean anything? How about unlimited cuts to his salary? It would begin to mean something to him rather quickly.

    He's a technological moron.

    I'll bet if you asked America Online's CFO in the mid to late 90's whether AOL would ever provide unlimited access for the same monthly price, he would have choked on his martini olive laughing and crashed his Countache. The idea that data access is not going to move towards unlimited at a fixed price is counter-indicated by the last 20 years of technological history regarding the sale of data access.

    Franny's argument?

    jroc likes this.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

    If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  7. Master Droid
    pinoy_92's Avatar
    Member #
    24031
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    267
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #17
    I think a lot of consumers think they consume a lot more data than they really do.
    this is true. on average, i only use right around 50GB per month. maybe he is saying i should go higher.
    dont forget to like !
    the cake is a lie
  8. Droid Ninja
    johnomaz's Avatar
    Member #
    87119
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Valley, California
    Posts
    2,256
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffStuff View Post
    People need to start moving away from Verizon.. or this crap will just continue. Thank god my contract is up in a few months.
    I did. I returned my VZW S3 adn went to AT&T. I'm on a 3 gig plan which I'm cool with. I never went over 2 gigs since I have wifi nearly everywhere I go but it was a nice safety net if I happen to go over. I voted with my wallet and now AT&T gets my money.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  9. Droid Ninja
    akhenax's Avatar
    Member #
    87512
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,030
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    Makes no sense to me to have a shared data plan for individual users.
    Shared data is for the phone, and then for the tablet, laptop, etc. that one might 'illegally' tether. LOL

    So I guess I have an unlimited shared data plan.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

    Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  10. Senior Droid
    hradek422's Avatar
    Member #
    135448
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note III
    #20
    Here's my opinion on these "Share Everything" plans. I'm currently on a plan where I have my line, as well as my friend's line. I was grandfathered in from Alltel with my unlimited data. I personally use just under 4 gigs per month of data, and my friend uses about 2 gigs. I know because I actually check my account monthly to see how much data has been used. I was considering switching to a share everything plan because my mom and dad were wrangled into it, being told they would save money. The rep on the phone actually told me I would be paying about $50.00 more per month than what I'm currently paying. Needless to say, I didn't switch it over, and the Verizon rep agreed that it was a good decision not to. That's just my experience with it.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. "No sim", "No service", "failed" notification for sent text messages
    By SLL in forum Galaxy S3 General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 07:05 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 09:28 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 07:40 PM
  5. Viewing "canned responses" or "email templates" in gmail on the Droid 2
    By backcountrywarehouse in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 05:39 PM

Search tags for this page

facetime for android
,
galaxy note 2 unlimited data verizon hack
,

how to get unlimited data on verizon hack

,
note 2 verizon
,
unlimited data verizon hack
,
verizon ceo unlimited
,

verizon ceo unlimited data just number

,
verizon sox cfo
,

verizon unlimited data hack

,

verizon unlimited data illegal tethering terminate

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+