DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New 'Snarky' Galaxy S III Ad from Samsung Takes Direct Aim at the iPhone 5

1. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    Quote Originally Posted by skennelly View Post
    IMO, having to buy new car docks, adapters, ihomes, etc is not a big deal. It is no different thaandroid user upgrading their phone. How many bionic car docks work for the s3? The point is, the only thing most android users haven't had to upgrade with a new phone is the wall and car charger. It's a moot point.
    yea I'm sure ud say that if u just bought a $500+ Bose dock off apples site that all of a sudden won't connect to a new iPhone or ipod... just moot it is lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    _justinfleming
    Phone
    Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69
    This here goes to show you how clueless the iPhone sheep are. YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=plcp
    This is exactly why Apple doesn't feel the need to properly innovate anymore.
    Narsil likes this.
  3. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    that video was awesome... jimmy kimmel was genius with that one... how do ppl hold two iphone4s and not realize its the same exact phone lol mind blowing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    IMO, having to buy new car docks, adapters, ihomes, etc is not a big deal. It is no different thaandroid user upgrading their phone. How many bionic car docks work for the s3? The point is, the only thing most android users haven't had to upgrade with a new phone is the wall and car charger. It's a moot point.
    In a sense you're right, car docks and home docks don't work with different phones, but then again if a dock was designed for the iPhone 4S, it won't work with the iPhone 5 as it has different dimensions. Now they do make universal car docks for both iPhone and Android devices.

The real issue are all the home and car audio products that people spend hundreds of dollars on that are specifically designed for the 30-pin connector.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I may have stirred up the Apple fans in the comment section over on The Verge when they covered this ad. Granted, I am realizing more often than not that neither side of the fence can be excused anymore. There are rabid fanboys/girls in both corners, and it gets downright ugly on sites like The Verge and CNET. I miss healthy debate. This whole mentality of "Apple (or Android depending on the person) suxxorz hardcore!!!" without any legitimate information is getting old. Quick like. Or maybe I'm just getting older...
    S4: Rooted ME7
    Bionic: Rooted JB (Thanks Sam) -Retired
    N7
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    A car dock is one thing, but most iPhone users seem to go very heavy on the accessories so it's actually a pretty high cost to replace everything. Might be the only way to go though because those adapters are massive. What sucks the most is that you have to buy an adapter regardless if you want to stream directly from the iPhone 4s+ to HDMI for flat panels and such.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillmorn View Post
    I may have stirred up the Apple fans in the comment section over on The Verge when they covered this ad. Granted, I am realizing more often than not that neither side of the fence can be excused anymore. There are rabid fanboys/girls in both corners, and it gets downright ugly on sites like The Verge and CNET. I miss healthy debate. This whole mentality of "Apple (or Android depending on the person) suxxorz hardcore!!!" without any legitimate information is getting old. Quick like. Or maybe I'm just getting older...
    I still have a 3rd gen iPod touch, but I hardly use it. The more I read about Apple the less I like them. My "How Much I like Apple" meter is in the negatives now. I feel like I have a reason to be pro-Android/an Android fanboy. I will never buy an iDevice again.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links