DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: German Court Rules that Motorola Must Recall All Android Tablets and Smartphones

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Apple isn't suing Google, they're going after the manufacturers that use Android. Google is going after Apple in a separate set of suits. Most of the suits bright by Apple have been overturned on appeal but all of the suits Google has brought up against Apple have held up on appeal.
    Last year the Tab was banned for sale in Germany but only units distributed from Samsung hubs in Germany were affected so retailers just got them from different distributors. This will probably shake out the similarly, won't be more than a temporary minor inconvenience to German owners.
    Look for both Samsung and HTC to be suing Apple very soon over LTE on the iPhone 5.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
    Well, I am familiar with the Samsung/Motorola and HTC wanting to hit up Apple for the LTE issue but there is still no evidence whether or not if they have a good case against Apple. Apple may not be hitting up Google directly but indirectly they are. Apple is going after the major distributors of Android and winning their cases.
    Appeals is one thing but an appeal is no different then saying "you lost but you have a chance to lessen the damage or have the case dismissed". So there is no telling what Moto, HTC or Samsung can do against Apple.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    They don't have contracts in Germany, do they?
    I mean could you imagine that happening hear.
    "Ok so you want my phone that I paid $200 for. So you need to give me my $200 and pay to get me out of my contract..."

And on the other hand, too: if you got a letter from Moto saying "due to a lawsuit you must send your phone in"...
    It's not a recall because they burst into flames, but for a lawsuit. Yea...; I'm guessing not a lot of phones are going to get returned...
    Nice to think that this court gave this some serious thought before ruling...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links