DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By dgstorm
  • 1 Post By wagman67
  • 1 Post By MissionImprobable
  • 1 Post By Narsil

Thread: Wisdom from the Woz: Doesn't Agree with Cali Verdict; Doesn't Think it Will Stick

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Wisdom from the Woz: Doesn't Agree with Cali Verdict; Doesn't Think it Will Stick

Photo Credit: AndroidAuthority

It's easy to like Steve Wozniak. The former co-founder of Apple and famous tech-guru seems to always have something interesting, relevant and useful to say about today's evolving technologies. The Woz (as he is affectionately nicknamed) was recently interviewed and he had several interesting things to say regarding the iPhone 5 and the Apple vs. Samsung California trial. Rather than wax poetic with our version of his opinion, we have included several quotes directly from the Master himself.

In reference to the iPhone 5:

“I am always excited about every iPhone product because there are always good advances. A better quality on the pictures will mean a lot, because when I show people pictures on my iPhone 4 and my Galaxy S III, they always say the Galaxy S III, or even the Motorola Razr, pictures look better.”
    “I think they took some very important steps. I’d like to get a product, use it myself before I judge it and compare to others. I’d like to have it myself and tell what’s good and bad about it.”
    In reference to the Apple vs. Samsung Trial and other ongoing Patent Wars:

“I hate it. I don’t think the decision of California will hold. And I don’t agree with it -- very small things I don’t really call that innovative. I wish everybody would just agree to exchange all the patents and everybody can build the best forms they want to use everybody’s technologies.”
    So, there you have it. Wisdom from the Woz. It's too bad he isn't still working at Apple, and every tech company should ponder his perspective.

Source: Bloomberg
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post
    It's easy to like Steve Wozniak. The former co-founder of Apple
    Not trying to be a douche and split hairs, but he is still the co-founder of Apple, just not with the company any longer. Woz rules!
    dgstorm likes this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I was thinking yesterday about how much good will Apple could have earned yesterday if their presser had started out with Cook coming out and saying that he feels the patent war has become a hinderance and that Apple would be retracting all pending suits. He would go on to humbly proclaim that from then on he hoped that all manufacturers would take a stance that each should learn from the other so that all customers could benefit. Despite what was already clearly going to be a lackluster release by Apple, the talk of the day would be the new direction the company had taken and the insanity would have been over.

Alas, that never materialized, but it can't hurt that those with influence are speaking to the same ideals so maybe change isn't too far off.
    jroc likes this.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Hearing the nickname "Woz" always makes me think of Was Not Was. And I never even liked their (or his) music!
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Thermonuclear war was in Steve Jobs' will and the applites won't stop till everyone has an iphone in their hands.

Anyways, this guy is right!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Why can't we be friends!
    Light Without Heat

Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus running Shiny 4.3
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Robot Cow View Post
    Why can't we be friends!

Well, not you really, but Applephiles in general.
    The Robot Cow likes this.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable
    I was thinking yesterday about how much good will Apple could have earned yesterday if their presser had started out with Cook coming out and saying that he feels the patent war has become a hinderance and that Apple would be retracting all pending suits. He would go on to humbly proclaim that from then on he hoped that all manufacturers would take a stance that each should learn from the other so that all customers could benefit. Despite what was already clearly going to be a lackluster release by Apple, the talk of the day would be the new direction the company had taken and the insanity would have been over.

Alas, that never materialized, but it can't hurt that those with influence are speaking to the same ideals so maybe change isn't too far off.
    Lol, that would have been hilarious. I can see all the apple fanboys saying, "hey, look how humble we are now."

Unfortunately, that's too bold a move for a company that now lacks innovation. I was hoping they would push the envelope with the i5. Instead, it was envelope folded in half and stuffed in the back pocket.
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...

Links