DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Apple Having a Hard Time Trying to Invalidate HTC Patents in a U.S. Court

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    I am for against a potential ban on the iPhone 5, if it were to happen.

Part of me, the part that loves Android and loves the progression that is made through the competative tech market, wants to see Apple pay for the crap they pulled with Samsung.

The other part thinks it would be a bad thing if the iPhone 5 were banned. My reasoning is purely economic. If the iPhone 5 got banned that would me that Apple would lose all that income they were predicting as well as the money they would lose by having to take the phone back and get the radio's changed so that they werent infringing. The loss of money would be a trickle down affect and could result in the loss of jobs (in a worst case senario).

It's all hypothetical but could become a reality depending on the new on Sept 12th and what happens after that.

just my .02

B
    Considering that Apple doesn't actually manufacture the products in question (they design them and farm out the manufacture of the devices to other companies), let alone manufacture the devices in the US (they are all built in China), how would a product ban result in lost jobs in the US? Do you really care if some underpaid assembly worker working under sweatshop conditions in a foreign country is laid off?

Besides, it would be just desserts for Apple to have their devices stopped at the border, as they did the same thing to HTC when they had the ITC delay the release of their One series of phones.
    Narsil likes this.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Note 3, Droid 4 (Vet)
    HTC
    Quietly Brilliant
    liftedplane, dgstorm and jroc like this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    I am for against a potential ban on the iPhone 5, if it were to happen.

Part of me, the part that loves Android and loves the progression that is made through the competative tech market, wants to see Apple pay for the crap they pulled with Samsung.

The other part thinks it would be a bad thing if the iPhone 5 were banned. My reasoning is purely economic. If the iPhone 5 got banned that would me that Apple would lose all that income they were predicting as well as the money they would lose by having to take the phone back and get the radio's changed so that they werent infringing. The loss of money would be a trickle down affect and could result in the loss of jobs (in a worst case senario).

It's all hypothetical but could become a reality depending on the new on Sept 12th and what happens after that.

just my .02

B
    they wouldn't lose any money, besides if apple were to go out of business, like they nearly did in the 90's another tech company would eventually take their spot. However as armeddroid said, apple needs to be put in their place and remember exactly where they came from. That they were laughed out of a couple of meetings when proposing the idea of a PC. they started in a garage and they showed all the tech giants just how wrong they were... the problem is that now apple has because that horrible tech giant that can't see past their own nose.
    guidot and jroc like this.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Apple needs a hot, steaming dose of "Wake the heck up." As mentioned jobs will not be lost; this will cause Apple to either take the time to develop a workaround knowing how long such would take to implement, or they can do what needs to be done and pay whatever licensing fees HTC deems fair. I don't think this new 4G hardware falls under FRAND as of now and as such Apple will simply have to deal with the situation they have put themselves in. [sarcasm]Couldn't have happened to a nicer company.[/sarcasm]
    LoudRam, jroc and Narsil like this.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Whats funny about this...Apple did the same thing in case Samsung sues them for LTE.....before they knew the outcome of this decision...I assume they didnt know.

Apple...practice hypocrisy much? I think the word hypocrite will be changed to link to Apple...online and in paper dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Considering that Apple doesn't actually manufacture the products in question (they design them and farm out the manufacture of the devices to other companies), let alone manufacture the devices in the US (they are all built in China), how would a product ban result in lost jobs in the US? Do you really care if some underpaid assembly worker working under sweatshop conditions in a foreign country is laid off?

Besides, it would be just desserts for Apple to have their devices stopped at the border, as they did the same thing to HTC when they had the ITC delay the release of their One series of phones.
    At least in the US the employee could find another job. It might not be the same line of work but I have always been of the belief that if you need a job that bad take your ass to the nearest fast food place. It may not pay all the bills, but at least it's money! It's better then doing nothing! Over there it's not that easy.
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
    At least in the US the employee could find another job. It might not be the same line of work but I have always been of the belief that if you need a job that bad take your ass to the nearest fast food place. It may not pay all the bills, but at least it's money! It's better then doing nothing! Over there it's not that easy.
    That's because we Americans are fat and lazy. What incentive does an unemployed worker have to look for a job? If they got laid off, they can collect unemployment for up to 99 weeks....money for doing nothing. And if they get hired at a fast food joint, then they lose the unemployment. And if they cannot get unemployment, then they go on welfare....again money for doing nothing. And better yet....the more kids they push out, the more money they get. This is why the US depends on the illegal immigrants and migrant farmworkers, to do the jobs that needs to be done, but no Americans are willing to do them. How many "Americans" do you see out in the fields picking lettuce or in the office buildings at night picking up the trash or cleaning toilets?

In China, if Foxconn isn't manufacturing iPhones because they can't be shipped into the US, then the company will manufacture something else that can. And for every employee that quits, there are 10 waiting to take their place.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links