DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SFGate
  • 2 Post By acousticshade

Thread: Blast from the Past: Maxell Surprises by Jumping Into the Cheap Android Tablet Market

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2056 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Blast from the Past: Maxell Surprises by Jumping Into the Cheap Android Tablet Market

A new competitor has entered the budget Android tablet market with some new Android Tablet products, and their name is Maxell. If you are old enough to have been around during the time of cassette tapes, then you might just remember this company's name from that bygone era. Yes, in fact, this is the same company that moved from casette tapes to CD's and DVD's, and other recording media. Now it seems they are branching out. They just announced two new budget-friendly Android tablets at IFA 2012, and apparently, this isn't the first time they have branched out into other consumer electronics products. Here's a quote with the skinny on these new Android tablet entries,

Maxell also brought two new Android tablets to Berlin, the MaxTab H10 and the MaxTab H8. The former boasts a 9.7-inch IPS touchscreen display at 1280 x 768 pixel resolution, runs on Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and is powered by a dual core ARM Cortex A9 processor running at 1.5 GHz and an included dual core Mali 400 GPU. There's 4 GB of internal solid state storage (with microSD expansion) plus 1 GB of DDR 3 RAM, an included HDMI out port for onward connection to a big screen TV or monitor, a mini-USB port and a 2 MP front-facing camera module and 5 MP at the back.

The H10 benefits from 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and is ready and waiting for a 3G dongle. The 7800 mAh Lithium battery is claimed to be good for video playback of up to 7 hours or 8 hours of browsing before needing to be recharged, or 310 hours on standby. At just 169 (US$268), you're not going to get the type of user experience or performance offered by higher end Android tablets like a Galaxy Tab 2 or the latest IdeaTabs and the H10 did suffer from rather poor display brightness, even at its highest setting. Other than that though, it looked to be a good budget offering from Maxell.

Archos is nipping at the heels with its 97 carbon model, though, so it might be worth shopping around before handing over your cash.

The 149 (US$236) MaxTab H8 has the same screen resolution, CPU and GPU as its bigger brother and also runs on Android 4.0.4 but has an 8-inch capacitive touch display and a 0.3 MP webcam to the front and a 2 MP snapper round the back. Its 5000 mAh Lithium battery offers up to 6 hours of browsing or 5 hours of video playback, or 180 hours on standby.
    What do you guys think? It's at least interesting to see the name Maxell again.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Gizmag

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    seems everyone jumping in on the tablet bandwagon
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    LG Mach
    They're trying to appeal to the dinosaur crowd!
    dgstorm likes this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Hey, I still have some maxell cassette tapes, do you think this tab will have an attached cassette deck to download my old mix tapes to digital format?
    B0B0 and FoxKat like this.
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    Wtf? Maxell? Seriously? OK if u say so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    HOKIE
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 2, GNex
    Who's next, TDK?
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    How about TEAC?!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    I might have a BetaMax player laying around somewhere 0.o

Sent from the "Angry 6er" via Tapatalk