Just as we suspected, Sony officially unveiled their newest Android tablet at IFA 2012. The new Xperia Tablet S comes with some pretty impressive specs including a splash-resistant screen. Here's a breakdown below:
- Slim new aluminium body and splash-proof design
- 9.4” HD display with OptiContrast™ Panel with low-friction coating
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system
- Android version 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Various experiences with original applications and Sony’s network services
- Optimized accessories (sold separately) to enhance experiences in every scene
Here are some additional pics below. This looks like a better product than Sony's previous Android tablets. Sound off what you think in the forums!
Update: The device is expected in September, and we know the following pricing info: The 16GB version will sell for $400, the 32GB for $500 and the 64GB for $600.
Source: AndroidTablets.net via AndroidPolice