DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HTC Considering Dropping Beats Integration Altogether & May Drop Prices on Handsets

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2078 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

HTC Considering Dropping Beats Integration Altogether & May Drop Prices on Handsets

Not long ago, we reported that HTC dropped their bundled Beats Audio headphones, and they also sold back 50% of their stake in the Beats Audio company. Insider sources suggest that HTC may be looking to distance themselves even further from Beats Audio. In fact, according to industry intel, HTC may be looking to ditch their Beats Audio integration completely. Additional intel also indicates that HTC may be considering a drastic drop in the prices of their handsets, in order to spur demand for their products.

Ultimately, if they do ditch the Beats Audio, it will probably be a wise decision. In fact, most of us here in the office were scratching our heads the first time we heard that HTC would be integrating the Beats Audio branding late last year. Getting focused and streamlined may just be what they need to help them recover. Regardless, dropping the prices on their phones isn't a bad idea either, and may just spur consumers to try out HTC again. What do you guys think?

Incidentally, I just love the pic that the guys at AndroidPolice used for this story, and just had to include it!

Source: HTCOneForum via AndroidPolice
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    LMAO.
    HTC mad cause Dr Dre failed to release his DETOX album.
    dgstorm and combatmedic870 like this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    That would be nice. Drop their price so I can get another phone off contract so I can keep my unlimited. I really want HTC to survive. I've only owned HTC smart phones and I've been thrilled with each one. I really don't want a Moto or Sammy. They aren't bad phones but looking at the total package IMHO they're inferior to HTC. OK, the Moto and Sammy fans can flame away now but there still isn't a phone out there that I would take over my Rezound.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
    combatmedic870 and Kag Pirate like this.
    Droid does...Apple bites

4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The Beats headphones are terrible. They don't stay in your ear and the bass is just too much.
    Kag Pirate likes this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    LMAO.
    HTC mad cause Dr Dre failed to release his DETOX album.
    No, they thought with Beats, their phones' audio would be on steriods.. only thing on steroids is Dre himself.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799
    The Beats headphones are terrible. They don't stay in your ear and the bass is just too much.
    I agree. I have a hard time getting them to sit right. Once I get them in right I like them but only because they were free. I would never spent that kind of money on headphones. It was a bad idea to partner with them. They need to get back to the basics and make quality phones without the gimmicks. A litttle bigger stock REMOVABLE batttery wouldn't hurt either. That's the biggest turn off for me with the Razr, Maxx, and the One X.

Droid does...Apple bites

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    If they ever make a Nexus again I'll consider it. Otherwise, I don't much care what the price is.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    It would be nice to get a high end phone off contract without spending around $600.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar

No, they thought with Beats, their phones' audio would be on steriods.. only thing on steroids is Dre himself.
    I remember seeing that. He got all beefed up cause at the last award show he attended, some guy stole on him while walking by. Lmao
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    That would be nice. Drop their price so I can get another phone off contract so I can keep my unlimited. I really want HTC to survive. I've only owned HTC smart phones and I've been thrilled with each one. I really don't want a Moto or Sammy. They aren't bad phones but looking at the total package IMHO they're inferior to HTC. OK, the Moto and Sammy fans can flame away now but there still isn't a phone out there that I would take over my Rezound.

Sorry to break this to you, but I own both the Rezound and the S3, and the S3 runs circles around the Rezound, not saying the Rezound is a bad phone, it is great, and I still use it from time to time "have it mostly as a backup", but I use the S3 majority of the time.
    In regards to Beats Audio, I thought it was the start of HTC's slow downfall, what a waste of $300 million, and now another $40 million down the tubes in this online gaming service, it seems to me there needs to be some cleaning up in their R&D department, and don't get me started with their crappy batteries.
    Last edited by cybertec69; 08-22-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links