DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: T-Mobile Drops Data Caps and Throttling and Switches to Unlimited 4G Data Plans

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2054 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

T-Mobile Drops Data Caps and Throttling and Switches to Unlimited 4G Data Plans

This story isn't Verizon related, but its always good to know what is going on in the industry. T-Mobile just issued a press release late yesterday sharing that they are ditching their previous 4G plans with data caps and data throttling. They will now be offering Unlimited 4G Data Plans. Keep in mind, that their 4G is the HSPA+ version and is not LTE. Their new plans will be offered as an add-on to existing call plans. This will amount to $30 per month when added to a Classic voice and text plan or $20 per month when added to a Value voice and messaging plan. Here's the full press release,

T-Mobile Unleashes Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data

Starting Sept. 5, T-Mobile will be the only carrier with a nationwide 4G network to offer unlimited nationwide 4G data

BELLEVUE, Wash. — Aug. 22, 2012 — T-Mobile USA, Inc., today announced an industry first — a truly Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan. Featuring no data caps, speed limits or bill shock, as well as fast, dependable nationwide 4G coverage, T-Mobile’s new Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan offers the ultimate worry-free experience. The new plan is designed to satisfy both data-hungry customers who want to experience all their smartphones are capable of and those wanting the peace of mind of never having to keep track of their data usage.

Today’s smartphones offer amazing experiences, and consumers are increasingly relying on them for everything from navigation, entertainment and shopping to just staying connected. With the introduction of the Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan, T-Mobile® is the only U.S. carrier to empower customers to do what they want, when they want, with their smartphones by making fast, nationwide 4G data accessible for everyone — without limits and at a great value.

“We’re big believers in customer-driven innovation, and our Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan is the answer to customers who are frustrated by the cost, complexity and congested networks of our competitors,” said Kevin McLaughlin, vice president, marketing, T-Mobile USA. “Consumers want the freedom of unlimited 4G data. Our bold move to be the only wireless carrier to offer an Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan reinforces our value leadership and capitalizes on the strength of our nationwide 4G network.”

For customers seeking an unlimited experience on their smartphones, T-Mobile offers several ways for new and existing customers to take advantage of its Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan. New customers can purchase any smartphone in T-Mobile’s robust lineup of innovative devices or bring their own compatible smartphone and have access to a worry-free unlimited data experience on T-Mobile’s fast nationwide 4G network. Current T-Mobile customers on Classic or Value plans can simply upgrade their existing service by adding an Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan.

The Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan will cost $20 per month when added to a Value voice and text plan or $30 per month when added to a Classic voice and text plan. For example, a single line Value plan with unlimited talk and text combined with unlimited nationwide 4G data will cost $69.99 or a single line Classic plan with unlimited talk, unlimited text and unlimited nationwide 4G data will cost $89.99.

Available starting Sept. 5, T-Mobile’s Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan will provide smartphone customers with uncompromised, dependable access to data on the blazing-fast speeds of T-Mobile’s nationwide 4G network. The Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan will be available at T-Mobile retail stores, on Unsupported Browser and through select dealers and national retail stores.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Hey Verizon....hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
    Narsil and Godfather like this.
    Droid does...Apple bites

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam

+1

Actually its more like *slap* directly in the face, shove hard
    Narsil and Godfather like this.
    Droid BIONIC
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post

+2

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Twitter
    NeoPhoenixTE
    Phone
    Droid 4 (Maserati) - CM10.1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by welsalex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    Actually its more like *slap* directly in the face, shove hard
    This, so much.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Although tmobile will start rolling out lte eventually I think.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Droid RAZR MAXX/ DROID 2 Global/ DROID 1 with DROID 2 EXTENDED BATTERY (BP7X - 1860 mAh)
    ICS /Stock 2.2/UltimateDroid 1.0.0
    Stock Kernel/ChevyNo1's ULowV 1.25 GHz kernel
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    At this point, Verizon cares very little what T Mobile does. Verizon knows they have the best network and most people would rather have constant reliable signal than truly unlimited data. Me? My contract date is getting closer and closer and I will absolutely move to T Mobile with no contract. I hardly expect Verizon to take notice.

***Also I've heard that these plans will not include tethering. Just for anyone interested***
    Last edited by syndicate0017; 08-22-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    It is apparent that T-Mo is listening to the consumer. The only way other carriers will follow suit is if T-Mo gains market share while the others loose. I will not be leaving vzw for the reason mentioned above. However, I am rooting for T-Mo to have a significant impact on the future of cellphone plans.

Sent from my SCH-I535
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    It will all take time to add up but this is another step in the right direction. Unlimited HSPA+ 4G via T-Mobile with Bring Your Own Device, worthwhile unlocked phones via Google, Sony, and the Chinese market; the pieces are coming together to give more power to customers.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid 1
    Someone should throttle her data...
    OG Droid - Liquid Smooth Roms
    Droid2 Liberty Froyo-->Liberty GB-->TBH Triple threat Back to Stock Froyo 2.2
    Sent from my Droid 3-->Waiting for root.

do you love anime? Sailor moon? Ranma?
    http://smeadows.deviantart.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links