DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: T-Mobile Drops Data Caps and Throttling and Switches to Unlimited 4G Data Plans

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    While this is good news, I don't expect Verizon to follow suit, and unfortunately, it doesn't effect me much.

While I'd like to escape the clutches of Verizon, where I live, there's really no other option. U.S. Cellular and Verizon are the "big boys" in town. U.S. Cellular charges more than Verizon in most instances, and has (for the most part) horrible phones and terrible coverage outside of the state.

T-Mobile is a dying breed around here. I have a friend who is on their network, and she can hardly get 3G coverage, let alone 4G. She's stuck on 1X about 90% of the time.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I agree is cellular is awful. They rome anyplace u go their 3g blows. They are getting 4g only where they are good. Verizon should just buy them out. That leaves sprint and them as cdma. Us cellular phones are awful as well. Enough rant about them. But Verizon should play it smart and switch back to unlimited plans. Only to the people who have had it in the past and dropped down to cap data packages. Big red should look at what they are doing
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I would love to move to T-Mobile, but unfortunately most of New Hampshire and surrounding areas are 2G only. I'd hate to get a smartphone with unlimited "2G" data, when I'm still grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited. As far as US Cellular goes, they have excellent service here in New England, but I hear their 4G speeds aren't as good as Verizon's, and besides the GSIII they never get any good phones.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I believe that the "unlimited" will indeed come back to most carriers. They need to be competitive. I am still grandfathered in on Verizon with unlimited data so right now I am fine. If I ever am removed for any reason from unlimited data, I will get a standard phone and a small tablet. Thats because if I have to use wifi on my phone to save data in fear of going over my limit I might as well not have the worry at all and use exclusively wifi which is almost everywhere.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links