DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: T-Mobile Drops Data Caps and Throttling and Switches to Unlimited 4G Data Plans

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Interesting... If my entire family were out of contract, we'd probably all move. I might consider a move, since I was planning on going with their network via pre-paid cards anyway. The downgrade from LTE to HSPA+ doesn't bother me at all.

Great news overall for wireless users everywhere. Thank god AT&T wasn't able to destroy this company.

edit- Can someone explain the difference between the "value" and "classic" packages? Thanks.
    Last edited by npro1464; 08-22-2012 at 12:26 PM.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    T-Mobile needed to do this to compete. Right now their main competition is with Sprint and the prepaids/regional carriers. Sprint and them all offer unlimited data, and other cheaper solutions. IMO, T-Mobile is really on the track to dominate that group of wireless. No offence to any of the other carriers, but they are just not in the same league as Verizon or AT&T. Those two are in their own world.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    And this is news, T-Mobile is struggling, just another way for them to attract new customers. Once they have real LTE up and running "maybe then I might consider them", but by then Verizon will have the whole country covered in LTE, so what's the point.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Honestly I think from time to time what's the point of super fast 4g if i can only use 4gb month on verizon? I could destroy that amount in a day but instead since im limited i use my wifi and my laptop at home to avoid it.
    combatmedic870 and Kag Pirate like this.
    Droid BIONIC
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    And this is news, T-Mobile is struggling, just another way for them to attract new customers. Once they have real LTE up and running "maybe then I might consider them", but by then Verizon will have the whole country covered in LTE, so what's the point.
    Umm...to save a ton of money? I know that's not enough incentive for some people, but for budget-conscious people like myself, it's absolutely worth jumping ship.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by welsalex View Post
    Honestly I think from time to time what's the point of super fast 4g if i can only use 4gb month on verizon? I could destroy that amount in a day but instead since im limited i use my wifi and my laptop at home to avoid it.
    I have unlimited and I still use my wifi at home, because I have unlimited does not give me the right to abuse it, why should I clog up the network while I am at home on my wifi that I am already paying for. When I am out and about is when the data get's used, heck, since I owned my HTC Incredible with unlimited data, I never once went over 5 Gigs a month, even while listening to streaming music and browsing the web.
    I am not constantly on my phone "as I do have a life", unless you stream lot's of PRON "unless you are quick silver, then it won't matter", and HD youTube, then yes, 4 Gigs might not be enough for you.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Now that I look at that photo... She looks a lot like Joan Rivers there...
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Now that I look at that photo... She looks a lot like Joan Rivers there...
    lmao. Except Rivers doesn't actually need a helmet to look like her face was stuffed into one

after looking at T-Mobile's data plans, I wonder if the recent ruling that Verizon had to allow WiFi Tether apps would also apply to T-Mobile since they say Wireless Hotspot is not compatible with that plan...
    Last edited by 52brandon; 08-23-2012 at 06:19 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    I have unlimited and I still use my wifi at home, because I have unlimited does not give me the right to abuse it, why should I clog up the network while I am at home on my wifi that I am already paying for. When I am out and about is when the data get's used, heck, since I owned my HTC Incredible with unlimited data, I never once went over 5 Gigs a month, even while listening to streaming music and browsing the web.
    I am not constantly on my phone "as I do have a life", unless you stream lot's of PRON "unless you are quick silver, then it won't matter", and HD youTube, then yes, 4 Gigs might not be enough for you.
    No need to be a dick about it. Many of us have a life and go way over on 4GB of data a month. I have unlimited and commute 2 hours each way to work on a train and then sit at work all day listening to music. I easily use 6GB just on music and some HBO GO on my commute alone. If I go to the track on the weekend with my bikes and am using my phone out there then I eat closer to 8to10GB a month depending on how often I go racing. That is not even counting the amount of data I use with my hotspot that I also pay for monthly.

So congrats not going over 4GB a month but many of us with lives go over it plenty.

Back on topic. I will be looking at the coverage of tMobile in my area and see if this would be somethign I could move to. Coverage is key to me as I need my data connection for work and pleasure. The lack of including the hotspot is a ping against TMobile though as I need that for work. Sure I guess I could root and use a tether app but that starts to cross the line into contract abuse and with work involved not willing to cross that line there...
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    after looking at T-Mobile's data plans, I wonder if the recent ruling that Verizon had to allow WiFi Tether apps would also apply to T-Mobile since they say Wireless Hotspot is not compatible with that plan...
    Good point. Though VZW does not have to allow tethering with their unlimited plans so that might carry over and be the same for TMobile...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links