DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Motorola 'Reinventing Itself'; Cutting Staff and Concentrating on Fewer Devices

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    I want to see a phone like the galaxy s series that gives us an awesome phone every year one slider one on screen.
    pc in my opinion this is key to their success or failure. Samsung figured it out before any of them. They need a brand. If they don't choose the RAZR as their brand then they had better get something out this year that is innovative and make it their brand for the coming years.
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Ck i hope so i like the razr branding. The galaxy s phones are nice but google needs a successful product that doesn't look like the iPhone. And motorola has an opportunity to do that with the razr branding.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Ck i hope so i like the razr branding. The galaxy s phones are nice but google needs a successful product that doesn't look like the iPhone. And motorola has an opportunity to do that with the razr branding.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The only trend that I don't like about the RAZR line of phones (locked bootloader aside) is the non-removable battery, that was one of my major reasons for not getting the iphone in the first place. My brother has the MAXX and was complaining that his battery life sucks if he leaves 4G on all day, I'm sorry but thats not an option for me. I have a device that is capable of utilizing 4G...Guess what, as long as there is a 4G signal where I am, thats what I am going to use. I don't pay an arm and a leg to VZW so I can NOT use one of the main features of the phone. I have extra batteries so that when it gets low, pop in a backup and keep on going.

Moto could very well take the RAZR line and run with it. Many people already associate android with the DROID name, more-so than they really should, but that's how well a job the DROID advertising was done. It has people identifying the operating system with a very specific group of phones.
    Jay

BIONIC - Ice Cream Sandwich .246 SafeStrap 3 (ICS/CM10/CodenameAndroid)
    Kindle Fire - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 by HashCode
    OG DROID DROID CONCEPTS ROMS (looking for ideas to re-purpose this fine device)
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, G Nex, Razr MAxx
    Well technically Motorola has 2 brands. Droid (Removable battery and slider keyboard) and Razr (Non-removable battery and virtual keyboard). Razr also has the Maxx sub-brand for people who would rather pay less for the smaller battery as they might not need the extra battery life. If they stopped locking boot loaders, it would help a lot also.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus - 4.3 - Shiny ROM

Droid Razr Maxx (XT912) - 4.2.2 - Buttered AOKP ROM

OG Droid (retired) - 2.3.7 - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7)
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by androidlearner View Post
    Well technically Motorola has 2 brands. Droid (Removable battery and slider keyboard) and Razr (Non-removable battery and virtual keyboard). Razr also has the Maxx sub-brand for people who would rather pay less for the smaller battery as they might not need the extra battery life. If they stopped locking boot loaders, it would help a lot also.
    DROID is a Verizon brand, unfortunately, not a Motorola brand. That's why you will see non-Moto devices on VZW with "DROID" branding.
    pc747 likes this.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    DROID is a Verizon brand, unfortunately, not a Motorola brand. That's why you will see non-Moto devices on VZW with "DROID" branding.
    well yes and no...the name "droid" may be a verizon branding, however maybe they just need to create their own name for it since they do come out with 1 a year i believe
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    well yes and no...the name "droid" may be a verizon branding, however maybe they just need to create their own name for it since they do come out with 1 a year i believe
    I wish the stupid "Droid" branding would go away for good. The logical flaw people often make is one of my biggest tech pet-peeves (DROID = Android, therefore Android = DROID ). I think people are FINALLY coming around now, and the Droid fad might be dying. It may never go away, but with the Galaxy and Nexus devices taking over, this might finally be going away.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Call me weird or whatever, but every mobile device I've had spanning almost 20 years has been Motorola. There always seems to be a more solid and well built feel to their product.

If all this keeps Moto going and innovating new stuff then I'm for it.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    The Razr is the Droid Razr...its part of the Droid line of phones. To date Motorola has not released an Android smartphone with Verizon that was not Droid branded.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    FoxKat likes this.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    It's definetly bad to see people lose jobs, however this doesn't seem like a "we aren't making money so we're downsizing to make investors happy". It seems like they're actually changing to a more profitable business model, either way I hope they have a great departure plan (financially) for the newly unemployed.
    FoxKat likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links