DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How To Install Google Now To An ICS Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Android Device!

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    700 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus65
    After I select the zip to install in recovery mode I get "E:Signature verify failed" for the update package and cant install google now.

I am using the "offline mikeys_v7.zip" for my XT912 Razr & CWM.

So what's the problem?
    Are you trying to do this in stock recovery? If so that is your problem you need something like Clockwork Recovery installed.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G A956 RAZR XT912 RootICS
    uh... I downloaded ClockworkMod ROM Manager and that app is telling me (when I press "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery") that their is no official Mod recovery for the RAZR...

Where do I get Clockwork Recovery for my RAZR?

EDIT:

...nevermind, I already have the Droid RAZR Utility 1.51 ICS. do I need to install boot or safestrap recovery?
    Last edited by Rufus65; 09-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    700 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    uh... I downloaded ClockworkMod ROM Manager and that app is telling me (when I press "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery") that their is no official Mod recovery for the RAZR...

Where do I get Clockwork Recovery for my RAZR?
    Well first and foremost I would make sure you know what you are doing to your phone before just jumping in to install Google Now.

You are going to be adding a custom recovery option for your phone that will have to be undone before doing a over the air update when a new OS version comes out.

If you are okay with that you can go to the hacks section and download the RAZR utility and it has an option to install bootstrapper. So I would do some more research and then decide from there.

Google Now is cool but not worth the headache of bricking your phone if something messes up.
    Last edited by Sydman; 09-04-2012 at 03:03 PM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    Well first and foremost I would make sure you know what you are doing to your phone before just jumping in to install Google Now.

You are going to be adding a custom recovery option for your phone that will have to be undone before doing a over the air update when a new OS version comes out.

If you are okay with that you can go to the hacks section and download the RAZR utility and it has an option to install bootstrapper. So I would do some more research and then decide from there.

Google Now is cool but north worth the headache of bricking your phone if something messes up.
    *Trying not to sound mean or aggressive...or cocky* I understand the risks and know what I'm doing, I have done multiple ROM installs and hacks with both my Droid 2 Global and RAZR, I just haven't used ClockworkMod before and was a little wary on using something I haven't used in the past.
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    700 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member

*Trying not to sound mean or aggressive...or cocky* I understand the risks and know what I'm doing, I have done multiple ROM installs and hacks with both my Droid 2 Global and RAZR, I just haven't used ClockworkMod before and was a little wary on using something I haven't used in the past.
    Then good luck hope you enjoy Google Now.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Installed perfectly, and yes...i'm loving Google Now...now. Thanks for the answers!
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    700 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Installed perfectly, and yes...i'm loving Google Now...now. Thanks for the answers!
    No problem. I don't even use it on my phone anymore since I got my Nexus 7 tablet since it runs it stock.

It is cool just have to get the commands right.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links