DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HTC Down, But Not Out; Taiwanese Government Will Step in to Assist

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

HTC Down, But Not Out; Taiwanese Government Will Step in to Assist

Over the past few weeks/months we have heard increasingly worrisome news regarding the financial stability of HTC. Just recently we even reported that investor's are dumping HTC's stock in droves and dropped $1 Billion dollars off the company's market cap. HTC may be "on the ropes" but don't count them out yet! The company is so important to the economy of Taiwan, that the Taiwanese government is currently working out ways it can help the floundering giant. Here's a quote sharing some of the details about the request that got this ball rolling,

Speaking at a cabinet meeting, Perng Fai-nan said that the financial status of HTC is “of vital importance to the islands’ gross domestic product” and urged government to provide some financial assistance. Realizing that HTC has been a great contributor to Taiwan’s economy, he believes that the “bailout” will help boost the country’s ever declining export numbers, which have fallen for 5 consecutive months.
    It's good to hear that we shouldn't give up on HTC. How many of you guys are rooting for them to make a big comeback?

Source: HTCOneForum via AndroidAuthority
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Thanks to my lousy experience with the Thunderbolt, I'll probably not be getting another HTC device. It's a shame, because at one point I thought of HTC as the staple Android phone maker. They are capable of making great products, but as I witnessed with my device, they make some bad ones and on top of that don't support them. That being said, I hope they're able to crawl out of their hole. I don't want to only be able to chose from Motorola, Samsung and Apple phones.
    n0yxl likes this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    Read this earlier.
    I personally like HTC. Other then the OG Droid, I had the Titan, Mogul, Touch, Touch Diamond (Microsoft OS).
    Hope HTC pulls out of this hole. I want to see more from them.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by npro1464 View Post
    Thanks to my lousy experience with the Thunderbolt, I'll probably not be getting another HTC device. It's a shame, because at one point I thought of HTC as the staple Android phone maker. They are capable of making great products, but as I witnessed with my device, they make some bad ones and on top of that don't support them. That being said, I hope they're able to crawl out of their hole. I don't want to only be able to chose from Motorola, Samsung and Apple phones.
    My wife has a TB and since I am her personal tech at home, I too will never own an HTC device. The TB is such a bad phone. After several replacements, she still has issues. ROMs don't help so she is on stock right now and wifi is bad, LTE is bad, battery is horrible and honestly, SenseUI is horrible too. Sucks for HTC.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I'm hoping they pull through. When I'm ready for another phone I want another HTC. But honestly, with the way my Rezound runs, I'm not going to need a new phone for quite a while. This one is handling everything I'm throwing at it and asking for more, and it's not even rooted yet.
    Droid does...Apple bites

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Hope things turn around for HTC. My wife loves her Rezound with Beats Audio and the ICS update. It's a great phone.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    "too big to fail" ?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Wether or not you like HTC, they still have been innovators and have helped to drive the smartphone industry to what it is today. Their current top 3 or 4 phones are really excellent products and their phone cameras are equal or better to any other smartphone out there (except Sony's crazy 14 GP camera with a cell phone taped to it). It would be sad to see that driving force die and would leave a large void in the cell phone industry.

Now, maybe their government can get them to fire their US ad exec and get somebody competent to sell their product over here.
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    I finally decided I'm going to upgrade to an S3 after almost 10 months with my Rezound. Camera and screen are beautiful. But the battery is terrible. I already spent the money on an otterbox and its not worth it to buy an extended battery and make the case worthless. I really hope HTC pulls through. If they can learn to put good batteries in their phones, I'll definitely go back to them. Still my favorite android OEM.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Love HTC

Why I like HTC:

SVDO - I can talk & surf the net on a 3g connection - no 4g where I live!!
    HTC supporting unlocked bootloaders

As one other member mentioned. I also enjoyed my ppc 6800 Mogul (Window's OS) before Android was rockin.

HTC Has my Vote!!

To bad their government has to get involved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links