DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Phone and Tablet List Known to be Getting Updates to Jelly Bean

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Here you go.

Attachment 54043

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Warning : pic is a fake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusC
    Pretty awesome that Samsung intends to update not only the S3, but the S2 to JB. They seem to do a good job eventually putting out updates, even if it takes forever.

I'm honestly surprised Motorola is updating the RAZR series to JB- they're notorious for abandoning phones.

Sony also does a good job with their upgrades- if some of the 2011 line gets JB, that would be awesome. I'm a bit sad they had to abandon the Xperia Play on Gingerbread, but I can understand that, I guess. They prioritized the gaming experience first, which on both their beta ICS ROM and the aftermarket ROMs like CM9, it's clear gaming performance and compatibility took a hit. Not to mention the thing has something like 512MB of internal memory for both the OS and applications.

HTC... HTC is slipping. The Rezound JUST got ICS yesterday. I think they owe it to their Rezound adopters to push out a JB upgrade, but they're withdrawing from markets, and their revenue predictions for the future have looked grim.

If this is correct, then I'm upset and offended that they (Motorola) didn't consider the Bionic for the JB update! It's basically the same phone as the Razr, and has thus far been running ICS far better than the Razr! They have never stopped giving the Bionic the cold shoulder. This makes absolutely no sense to me...

Sent from my ICED. 235 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    electricman58 likes this.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The Rezound deserves JB, but after playing with the nexus 7, ics and jb really aren't that different. Just smother (project butter)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Why no Motorola droid 4? Same thing as a Razr, just with a keyboard....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaJake View Post
    Why no Motorola droid 4? Same thing as a Razr, just with a keyboard....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Cuz Moto actually hates us?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2040 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Hey DG, just curious...where did the info for these phones/tabs come from? Was it a compilation of the various manufacturers' websites, or else-wise? I am most curious (as you would expect) regarding the RAZRs.
    Sorry it took so long to get back with you FoxKat. Yes... it was a compilation of several different sources. Please understand everyone, that none of this is set in stone, and of course the OEMs are subject to change without notice. Still, from the info I could cull, most of the smart money suggests this info is spot on. One or two things may change, but the worst part is simply that we have no idea how long any of it will actually take.

Also, as I said in the article. This is not all-inclusive. Just because you don't see it on the list, does not mean it won't get Jelly Bean. These are just the known quantities at this point. Keep your fingers cross that your device will be added to the list later.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon1
    The Rezound deserves JB, but after playing with the nexus 7, ics and jb really aren't that different. Just smother (project butter)
    Except for google now. That imo makes in really worth it. If my phone doesn't get an official one, I'll root to get that feature.
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD
    Nice... I like functionality I've heard so far about jb but the style doesn't seem that great from what I've seen
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I am very surprised that Motorola will not be pushing the update for the Bionic. However, nothing is set on stone yet. Having said that, how long we'll have to wait to get the update. Maybe years...... Get to it Motorola.. That's how you get customers respect...

Send from Droid RAZR MAXX
  10. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    And the Transformer Pad TF300 now has Jelly Bean! I can definitely tell a difference in the smoothness of the tablet, which is really saying something since it was incredibly smooth on ICS.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links