DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Nexus Now Free With Two Year Contract

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I really want this phone, but I am not ready for an upgrade until Aug 28. If I use verizon I can upgrade today, but it is still 99.99 there. Any ideas on a way around this?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by akhenax View Post
    unlimited data would not be included with renewed contract *wink*
    Yeah, I'm aware, but I've kind of come to terms with it. I know I won't be able to afford a phone at full retail price for the next 3 years while I'm still in college. I only make enough to pay my car bills, gas and data plan, with a very little amount of cash on top of it.

Anyone think this deal is worth it? My TB has been having a lot of bugs lately and I'm kind of bored with it now. Free sounds good, and I have friends with 2GB data plans who never go near their data cap (My friend used Pandora for an entire 17 hour car drive without going near his data cap on his iPhone, anyway). How fast does LTE eat away at data? Also, I use Google Music in my car every day so I am a bit worried at how that would affect my data..

I can't afford more than the 30 a month I'm paying, though, and even though I use Wi-Fi on my phone the entire time I'm home, it just occurred to me that at my college, I have no way of connecting to wifi on my phone, so hopefully that doesn't get me into trouble.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 2, GNex
    Just log in to VZW and check your bills for the past few months. If you have never gone over 2gb, you know you will be all set assuming you continue to use the same amount of data.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAP1 View Post
    Just log in to VZW and check your bills for the past few months. If you have never gone over 2gb, you know you will be all set assuming you continue to use the same amount of data.
    How? When I look at Usage Details, It literally lists every time of today that I've accessed internet for each day of the week. It doesn't tell me the total I've used in a month. And if I look at my bill, it just says 0 because I have unlimited data.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 2, GNex
    I just switched over to the shared plan because it works out cheaper for me. But, when I had the unlimited up till last month, I was still able to look at the detailed bill and see how many GB I had used with my unlimited plan. You may just have to download the previous bills.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Phone
    R2 unit
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanPm40

Yeah, I'm aware, but I've kind of come to terms with it. I know I won't be able to afford a phone at full retail price for the next 3 years while I'm still in college. I only make enough to pay my car bills, gas and data plan, with a very little amount of cash on top of it.

Anyone think this deal is worth it? My TB has been having a lot of bugs lately and I'm kind of bored with it now. Free sounds good, and I have friends with 2GB data plans who never go near their data cap (My friend used Pandora for an entire 17 hour car drive without going near his data cap on his iPhone, anyway). How fast does LTE eat away at data? Also, I use Google Music in my car every day so I am a bit worried at how that would affect my data..

I can't afford more than the 30 a month I'm paying, though, and even though I use Wi-Fi on my phone the entire time I'm home, it just occurred to me that at my college, I have no way of connecting to wifi on my phone, so hopefully that doesn't get me into trouble.
    You could save the money you save by keeping unlimited data and buy a phone from Craigslist or ebay.
    If we all agree on it, it must be true.[citation needed​]
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    But.. I won't be saving any money.. because either way, I will be paying $30 a month. I can't afford more than that, so I would have to keep 2GB a month. I only have a job during the summer that is only enough to pay for my car bills and data plan, and then during school I have a work study just to pay for gas (my dad is nice enough to cover my car insurance and data plan during college).
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by QElliott17 View Post
    I really want this phone, but I am not ready for an upgrade until Aug 28. If I use verizon I can upgrade today, but it is still 99.99 there. Any ideas on a way around this?
    Not sure how you can upgrade at Verizon and not Bestbuy "today". I already said they have the same upgrade policy. I did an early upgrade for my RAZR in November when contract was up in December.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Does this mean a new nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by WestOkid

Not sure how you can upgrade at Verizon and not Bestbuy "today". I already said they have the same upgrade policy. I did an early upgrade for my RAZR in November when contract was up in December.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I talked to verizon and best buy. I can upgrade through verizon but everything else says aug 28. The guy at best buy said I could do 7 days early. Not sure what the deal is.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links