DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Says to Pencil in a Date; “newest Galaxy” coming Aug. 15 - Maybe the G-Note 2

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Samsung Says to Pencil in a Date; “newest Galaxy” coming Aug. 15 - Maybe the G-Note 2

Samsung has shared that they are planning on launching another Galaxy device soon. They sent out notices suggesting we should pencil in August 15th as the date for us to see the "newest Galaxy." They didn't give any hint as to which device it will be, but the smart money is on the Galaxy Note 2. There has been a lot of buzz lately about that device, and it has been building for the last few months. Some of the previous rumors suggest an August 30th launch date, which would mean an officially announcement on August 15th isn't that surprising.

In fact, we even have a new rumor regarding the Galaxy Note 2 that just surfaced this morning. Supposedly, the latest scuttlebutt is that the new G-Note 2 will actually come with an overclocked (to 1.6GHz) version of the same Quad-Core Exynos that is in the GSM version of the Galaxy S III. In fact, the device seems to have shown up in some GLBenchmarks and posts some impressive scores.

As always, we will be watching this even like a hawk and let you know what comes from it. In the mean-time, let's speculate a bit. If it isn't the G-Note 2, what device do you think it might be?

Source: GLBenchmark
    Last edited by dgstorm; 07-20-2012 at 03:05 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Will Verizon ever consider this phone?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    My dad just got a Note last week and I have to say, its a big freaking phone. I wanted one for a while but got an S3 instead. Honestly, I'm glad I did. The note is nice and the screen real estate is nice too, but after getting to handle my dad's for a while, my short fingers don't hold it well. Also, the power button and volume button are way up on top instead of in the middle area like the S3 and the S3 buttons are better placed.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Harveyd View Post
    Will Verizon ever consider this phone?
    I don't understand how any one can consider this a phone. I think of it as more of a Mini-Tablet then a phone.
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
    I don't understand how any one can consider this a phone. I think of it as more of a Mini-Tablet then a phone.
    I can't comment on the size as I've never held one. But it seems to me that it would have a narrower target market since most would opt for a smaller phone or a larger tablet. IMO, such a device is only practical if you talk on bluetooth or speaker all the time - great for a salesperson or someone who travels a lot (especially in the car), but more impractical for people out in public, on the bus, etc..

With the shared plans, if you could somehow have two devices activated on a single line it would be a great option for around the house (default answer mode to speaker) and then have a smaller phone when you're out and about. It would be really cool if an VZW offered some sort of bluetooth Android console that would primarily be a speakerphone, so at home you could take calls on that (maybe with a portable handset, as well). Basically a VoIP device, I guess. The problem is managing multiple lines, which really isn't preferable. Google Voice addresses that, but I'm not sure if it's reliable enough for business otherwise you just give out the GV number and you can have as many different lines as you like.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Please Verizon.....PLEASE!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Every carrier is enjoying the sgs 3. Why flood the market with another galaxy device to compete with your current device? That's why I'm not into marketing I guess.
    RazrBlade
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    For those of you wondering who would want such a Frankensteinian phone-tablet hybrid, Samsung has sold over 7,000,000 of them since releasing the Note in February.

Assuming the Note 2 comes to Verizon and unless something truly extraordinary comes to Verizon before the end of the year, I'll be getting the Note 2 in November.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Yeah can we cut the hate on the Note size? Its obvious millions of people want this phone. Like me. Nothing we can do but hope I guess.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    As for the Note 2 it appeals to the crowd who loves big phones which I like but seeing Verizon showing rumors of a hideous looking LG optimus VU which they think can compete with the Note 2 I will pass on that and leave Verizon if possible.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links