Yesterday we shared a story about a super high-end LG phone that could be coming toward the end of this year, but it looks like LG also has a more current flagship phone about to launch on Verizon. Today we have some leaked info and an "in the wild" picture of a phone called the LG VS930, which is likely the LG Optimus LTE II for Verizon. As you can see from the pic, there is clearly a Verizon logo on the device. We also have some leaked specs and a potential release date. Here's the spec breakdown (and the service manual .pdf file linked here):
- Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 SoC
- 4.7-inch "True HD IPS" display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 16GB of built-in storage
- Global radio support (GSM/UMTS/CDMA/LTE)
- NFC (it comes with programmable tags)
- 1GB of RAM
- 8-megapixel autofocus camera.
According to the source of the leaked data, the phone may actually be coming as early as July 13th, which is this Friday (just in case you don't pay much attention to calendars). Could LG be making a comeback/resurgence? In the past they kind of had a reputation as the low-end smartphone maker, but it appears they may be trying to shatter that image. What do you guys think?