DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Rumor] VZW LG Optimus LTE2 Caught in the Wild; Specs and Launch Date Leaked: July 13

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by akhenax
    Why all the physical button hate? If you are going to have a bezel, to hold them 4 radios, might as well be used for something...

Also, every time a new phone comes out with buttons, we got haters on the forum. My OG had physical buttons, and I will always cherish the fact that when someone saw my phone, there was no guessing about what kind of phone it was...iPhone...no silly, Android, check the buttons! Those buttons say Android, loud and clear.
    Because its in the software now. I understand what you are saying but people have to get over nostalgia. Just like in gaming 007 is terrible now.
    RazrBlade
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    But no one wants the same thing. We don't want all Android phones to be the same. We want choice. Person A may like physical buttons, person B may not. It's all about Diversity of Android, which I say is good.

Perhaps newer phones can have different touch sensitive buttons that light up when the active, and stay hidden when not. I don't think I've seen that yet.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post
    I don't think the menu key is physical. I think it's the way the Engadget watermark is mixing with the picture warps the look of the buttons. I don't think any of the buttons on the bottom are physical. I could be wrong...

Edit: I just realized you guys probably mean that the buttons are actual buttons instead of using the ICS buttons. Ignore my post above, I understand that some folks don't like having a separate button. i am on the fence on that subject.
    It's not that I don't like having separate buttons. I actually kind of like it that way. It just looks weird is all. The buttons are fairly stock ICS look, and they're fairly close together. Then you have the menu key which is spaced fairly far apart from the other ones. Making it look like it was "tacked on".

IMO, if you're going to have non on screen buttons ditch the multitask key and replace it with a search button. Or, in LG case ditch the menu button, and add a search button. I think a lot of android users want that search button back.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Yes thats the beauty of android diversity. I want on screen navigation buttons for here on out. On this particular device though it looks terrible. The search button looks ridiculous.
    RazrBlade
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    It's not that I don't like having separate buttons. I actually kind of like it that way. It just looks weird is all. The buttons are fairly stock ICS look, and they're fairly close together. Then you have the menu key which is spaced fairly far apart from the other ones. Making it look like it was "tacked on".

IMO, if you're going to have non on screen buttons ditch the multitask key and replace it with a search button. Or, in LG case ditch the menu button, and add a search button. I think a lot of android users want that search button back.
    LG VS930 for Verizon - Engadget Galleries

The buttons are spaced out equally, it's just that the menu button is smaller and thinner.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    My two concerns: how will the Dev community take to it, and will LG be timely with updates? Those are the main two issues that have been killing them thus far. I do like that it has a more traditional shape which bodes well for an aftermarket keyboard. Didn't see any specs on battery life.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post

I've had a Droid 1, a Droid 3 and just got a Droid 4 yesterday. I can probably just about count the number of times I have used the search button to search on one hand. I have never seen a good use for it as a "search" button. The most use that it got was on my Droid 3 because it went swimming and the power button stopped working and I was able to find an app that would let me long press the search button to turn the screen off.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links