Yesterday we started hearing some more internet rumblings regarding the mythical super high-end flagship phone from LG. Actually, some of the rumors contradict each other so we thought it would be simpler to just share them with you guys and let you speculate as to which ones are accurate and which are not. The first rumor we found has the following specs.
New LG Flagship rumor one:
- LG custom-designed quad-core Arm Cortex A9 - Called the L9 (intriguing if true, as it will mean another competitor in the high-end quad-core chipset arena)
- Same True HD Screen as in the Optimus 4X HD
- Camera with 10MP+
New LG Flagship rumor two: (this one may actually be the same as the previous one with simply more updated info)
- Maybe called the LG-F180
- Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 SoC, with a 1.5GHz quad-core Krait CPU and the new Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 5-incher 1280 by 720 pixels display - likely non-Pentile, (LG calls it true HD)
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- A design inspired by the Optimus L series
- 13MP primary camera
- 2100mAh battery
Some of this stuff seems to line up with previous rumors we have reported, except for the rumors of a custom LG quad-core chip. From looking at the intel, we are inclined to trust the second info a bit more than the first. However, it is possible that LG is working on more than one high-end device at the moment. It's possible that this phone is the same as the LG LS970 Eclipse we heard about previously, or it could be a completely separate device. One of the most intriguing things about these rumors is that it seems like the problem of combining an LTE radio with a quad-core chip has been solved. It will be interesting to find out more later, and in fact the rumors also suggest we will know something more concrete in September. We may even get a launch at that time.
What's really surprising about this is that it is possible the most powerful Android device of 2012 might actually end up coming from LG...
Source: AndroidAuthority and PhoneArena