DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skennelly

Thread: UK Judge Rules that HTC Has Not Infringed on Apple Patents

  1. Senior Droid
    Edognights's Avatar
    Member #
    246643
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Merica!
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Razr
    Premium Member
    #1

    UK Judge Rules that HTC Has Not Infringed on Apple Patents



    Apple was dealt a major defeat today in the UK when a Judge ruled that HTC was not infrining on four of their patents. The patents in question are related to touchscreen technologies, including slide to unlock functions, and picture management. Not only did Judge Christopher Floyd rule that HTC was not in violation of the patents, but three of Apple's patents were found invalid. The only patent not found invalid was one relating to Apple's picture management, but it was ruled that HTC had not infringed on it. It appears for now HTC has won, but the FTC is still investigating Apple's claims in the US. We'll keep you updated so check back.

    Spurce: Talk Android
  2. Master Droid
    skennelly's Avatar
    Member #
    131018
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    581
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    #2
    I wonder how the Apple vs. Nexus case would have went this judge. I don't know many of the little details, but the fact that he found three patents to be invalid seems to suggest that he sees what Apple is trying to do. I hope he's the judge when Apple takes someone to court over the "wedge" patent.
    djsiva likes this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by skennelly View Post
    I wonder how the Apple vs. Nexus case would have went this judge. I don't know many of the little details, but the fact that he found three patents to be invalid seems to suggest that he sees what Apple is trying to do. I hope he's the judge when Apple takes someone to court over the "wedge" patent.
    the big issue is with the US patent system and the US patent judges...unfortunately this article mainly applies to phones sold in the UK
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  4. Master Droid
    jseah's Avatar
    Member #
    182432
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    999
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    the big issue is with the US patent system and the US patent judges...unfortunately this article mainly applies to phones sold in the UK
    But can't the attorneys use the findings of the court in another jurisdiction as precedent in the cases here? Or are the patents awarded in the UK different enough from the patents awarded in the US where the cases cannot be related?
  5. Droid Ninja
    nikecar's Avatar
    Member #
    207706
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,250
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah

    But can't the attorneys use the findings of the court in another jurisdiction as precedent in the cases here? Or are the patents awarded in the UK different enough from the patents awarded in the US where the cases cannot be related?
    You allow us judges to apply law based on laws in other countries and you open the legal system down a slippery slope. I'm sure HTC lawyers will use findings to attack any US based lawsuits.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Apple Patents the Wedge Design
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 07:07 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 07:53 PM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 08:59 AM
  5. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM

Search tags for this page

htc not sold in uk

,

uk patent judges

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+