DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Google Now is already making its way to ICS devices thanks to some crafty dev work!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    590 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

Google Now is already making its way to ICS devices thanks to some crafty dev work!

Galaxy Nexus users and folks with a handful of other devices have already had the privilege of flashing a Jelly Bean port to their device. Last week when I installed JB to my Galaxy Nexus one of the new features that I instantly found myself playing around with is the new Google Now app. You access it from the lockscreen in JB just by swiping up. It delivers a plethora of useful information. For example when i left work today I opened up my Google Now app and found out that it would take 22 minutes to get home and that their were no traffic hold ups on the way. I also found out that it was 88 degrees outside and rainy. As you can see this app can be pretty helpful. It also includes an updated version of Google Voice that beats Siri in my opinion!

Google Now is only available officially for the Nexus 7 tablet and some Galaxy Nexus phones that were given out with Jelly Bean preinstalled. Thanks to developers this will soon be fully functional for anyone who is running ICS! Developers have already put together an early apk. You will need to be rooted as you will have to replace system apps. The process is very easy. For now Google Voice isn't functioning, however everything else is said to be fully functional!

Via Droid-Life

Last edited by DroidModderX; 07-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!

Links