DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Samsung Fights Back Against Apple The Only Way it Can: Appeals the Galaxy Nexus Ban

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2081 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Samsung Fights Back Against Apple The Only Way it Can: Appeals the Galaxy Nexus Ban

Late Friday it was announced that Apple had won their injunction to ban sales of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the United States. Apple filed an injunction to ban sales of the device claiming that it infringed on their “Siri patent”, which is a patent on unified search. Of course, Samsung appealed this decision this morning, and moved to stay the injunction.

Samsung's primary argument is that the ban is "inconsistent with the Federal Circuit's directive that market share losses must be substantial," and, as Foss Patents puts it, "attributable to the 'infringing feature,' not just the presence of the infringing product on the market." Samsung probably has a strong case for appeal, and at least can make a good argument for the court to stay the injunction while it is decided on appeal. However, if this injunction ends up standing, then Samsung (or Google) may have to create a software workaround to fix the infringement issue.

Source: GalaxyNexusForum via Foss Patents
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1421 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    To me, the decision on the part of the judge was a BAD call. I mean seriously? What was he having a bad day???

This is just like saying that Firestone can't sell tires cause they're round and black...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    To me, the decision on the part of the judge was a BAD call. I mean seriously? What was he having a bad day???
    The judge that issued it?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post

This is just like saying that Firestone can't sell tires cause they're round and black...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    She. Judge Koh is Judge Lucy Koh. Its a lady. She may pitch with the other side, but she's still a woman.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.

Links