DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Officially Rolling Out to all Droid Razr and Razr Maxx users!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Officially Rolling Out to all Droid Razr and Razr Maxx users!

We have been waiting for this moment since the announcement back in October of last year! Verizon has finally begun to roll out the Official build of Ice Cream Sandwich for the Droid Razr/ Razr Maxx! To install the update just go to Settings, About Phone, Check for update! It is kind of strange that this rolls out a few days after the Jelly Bean Announcement, but hopefully that announcement will hurry the Bionic and D4 releases. Google has also made some adjustments in the way they will be releasing their SDKs in the future which will help manufactures get their updates out quicker. This is still exciting news for Moto fans!
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Hotspot is wayyy more stable....
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    keklar
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Still no update here....
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    My wife's RAZR MAXX just got ICS update last night at about 8:30. Waited till we got home and downloaded via our wifi connect. From start of download to install was about 40 minutes . We are in SW Florida.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    manually pull the update: settings-about phone- check for updates....
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    Loving ICS
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    keklar
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    I am REALLY tired of waiting for this... I keep manually checking every couple hours. Still nothing. Someone needs to just post the files...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    nonnasmyladie
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon
    I feel like this doesn't even matter anymore. I was so excited to finally get ICS after waiting for it since December when I was told it was coming when I bought the phone.

I was so excited I couldn't even wait for the OTA push that I knew was coming this week after reading they started soak testing last week and pushing to select users that I spent about 20 hours getting the leak installed on my phone (unrooting, downgrading, repeating those steps over and over, running the exploit to get the ICS zip to work over and over again).

Once I got it to work I was so excited. By far the best OS yet from android I was head over heels in love with is for a full 24 just blown away by the smoothness and beauty then literally within 24 hours of getting ICS they announce jelly bean.

I love android and the entire concept behind opened source but the thing I really hate is you seem to always be waiting for an update!

I spend 9 months reading rumors about updates and new technology then once I buy a new phone and get the most top of the line droid a week later there is a new droid in the works that is all over the internet.

Then when I get a phone I'm willing to accept I spend months waiting on an update and once I get it then I start seeing posts about the even newer version of android.

SO FRUSTRATING!
    -Joe

Links