DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [Updated & Confirmed]: Google and Asus Team Up on Nexus 7 Android Jelly Bean Tablet

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    droid
    does anyone make a flashdrive that fits micro usb?

Flash Drive adapting Cable for Samsung Galaxy Sii / S2
    Last edited by benb1974; 06-27-2012 at 08:21 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    z00mer
    Phone
    +Droid Razr+
    Been in the market for a tablet for some time. After seeing what the N7 is capable of, I do believe I'll snatch one up (16G). Although, as others have already stated, the lack of expandable memory may be a hindrance. But for the price, you just can't beat what you get.
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Buy selling it with such low storage space they pretty much force you to stream from the cloud. The whole emphasis on the devices shown today was use of the cloud. However, this means alot of buying movies we already own from Google Play just to watch it on these devices. I've already converted numerous DVDs to android friendly formats and now that space is limited, so is the selection I can put on the device. Heck, with the file sizes of the converted files I'd be lucky to fit 3 movies on an 8gb Nexus 7.

If I want to stream over multiple devices I'm going to be uploading media for days. Plus if you're on a roadtrip it's sometimes hard to find a good and fast data signal, and since these are wifi only you're pretty much at a loss on the road. At least with my Xoom I can fit in multiple seasons of shows or movies through SD cards.
    yeah. I like to have multiple movies and apps too. That was an issue with my Inc2 and even my Ipod Touch 8Gb. they kept filling up. Granted, on this one I wouldn't put too many pictures but mainly apps and videos.

Now I'm not sure to get this or hold to see what the Acer quad 7" will have.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Well the thing about the Nexus 7 for me is, they say it has a nice HD screen. With even 16gb, I can fit maybe 4 HD movies on the thing, that's it. All my videos on my PC are in HD, 720p minimum and that takes up alot of space and the lack of expandable memory is quite disappointing. I understand where Google is coming from with the cloud and all that, but do they really expect people to pay for the same movie twice?

I guess another solution would be to upload to Google Drive, but I never tried it. I'm all for this cloud idea, I think it's great, but minimizing hardware for it is a step too far for me. I want the best of both worlds, 32gb internal memory or expandable, and let me have the cloud option too. Now THAT is something I can back Google on. I'm sure they did this to keep the price down and competitive, but in the end it could end up really hurting them, I mean no expandable memory in this day and age, c'mon Google
    SILVER COUPE likes this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I don't think Google drive can stream uploaded videos, or did I miss something. It the cloud could stream, oh wait, it doesn't have broadband....
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm also most confused about the smaller storage options they've offered. I saw a 32GB flash drive for under $10 yesterday, and of course the internal flash storage is different than the USB flash storage, but how much can it really add to the price at this point in time? Which brings up another point, not just with the N7 but with all smartphones and tablets these days - a $50 price difference to jump from 8GB to 16GB? Luxury tax I suppose, unless of course I'm way off about everything in this post, which could be true.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Twitter
    TemptingReviews
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Sounds like some people need to learn how to compress things.

I can fit a fully HD video - 720p or 1080p into a ~200MB file. No visible artifacting. That's 39-40 movies. If I want to get creative I can probably shave off a few MB.

I'd be SHOCKED if anyone needs that many movies on a device before hitting a point where you'd have wireless data and the ability to download more. If it's really that big an issue then get one of those external drives that can stream to your device via PAN.

Don't misunderstand. I think microSD should be standard on every tablet. But the notion that for movies 8GB is too much is laughable if you know what you're doing.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    I like what's happening here but I'm in the 10" tablet camp.
    I REALLY think I'm replacing my Xoom WiFi with the 10" version, that I'm pretty sure we'll see soon.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    Kinda want one, kinda don't. Pretty happy with my iPad, but who can say no to having a Nexus phone and a Nexus tablet
    One thing 127 Hours has taught me; Never forget the Swiss Army Knife, leave the "Cheap Made in China multi-tool" home.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Took the plunge. Just a waiting game now. Ordered the 16GB. Should be plenty sufficient. Wish it was a phone to!!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Links