DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [Updated & Confirmed]: Google and Asus Team Up on Nexus 7 Android Jelly Bean Tablet

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    It is an interesting looking tab..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Well I may pre order tomorrow. I got the green light to get it so I'll probably do the 16gb model.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ordered my 8gb with a case. come on 2-3 weeks!
    Droid > Droid X > Droid X2 > Galaxy Nexus
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I was concerned about the lack of an sd slot. But the more I think about what I actually use my current Nook for, the more I realize I don't need much storage on the device. I already use Google Music, Netflix, and the Kindle app. 90% of the time I'm in an area with wifi. The only thing that will really take up space are emulators and games. And if the magazine service through Google is cloud-based as well, I could probably scrape by on 8gb. With that said, definitely going 16gb...my Nook has had a good run, but I'm ready for a quad-core, Google update controlled device. Now to look into a keyboard add-on for class in the Fall. Also, this announcement completely killed my desire to get a 3DS, which I had been considering for about a month.

While I'm thinking about it. How do you think the Tegra 3 will handle N64 and DS roms? Are there even emulators for the latter on Android?
    S4: Rooted ME7
    Bionic: Rooted JB (Thanks Sam) -Retired
    N7
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Captivate Galaxy S
    I am definitely thinking of buying one of these, especially after seeing the specs side by side with lenovo, ipad2, kindle fire and others here: Google's Nexus 7 Android Tablet has arrived.

As for the size, if you have ever held a 7" inch tablet, you will know that it is the PERFECT SIZE sir. The nexus 7 also has a grip on the back and is super thin @ 0.48 inhces. Dope.
    cmorty72 likes this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'll get one because I love toys but it will probably be sold rather quickly. Even 16GB is too little storage for a portable device that isn't meant to be used strictly in the home. GoogleDrive is nice, but, useless if you're in an area with no wi-fi or cell connection for tethering. I'm also not a fan of the new soft key locations in the landscape profile. Too much bezel on the left and right will force you to switch grips before using any soft keys to ensure you have a solid grip and it doesn't drop. Good specs but too much to be desired for me to end up keeping it in the long run I feel.

I am ​excited for 4.1 to hit the Galaxy Nexus though. it really does look so much smoother.
    HTC Rezound (personal)
    Droid RAZR(work)

Galaxy Nexus (play)
    Retired: Droid Bionic, D2, DX2, Moto Droid, HTC G1, NOKIA N95, HTC Titan, Moto RAZR V3, BB7130, NOKIA 8110, 8850, 9500
    Motorola StarTAC 75
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I want one, but no SD card support could be a dealbreaker for me
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    16GB ... ordered :-)
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I would have wanted one but 8gb? Really? With no expansion? That is so 2 years ago spec. Current top of line is 32 and 64. Yeah it would add a bit of cost so put in an expansion card. I know internal memory is faster and safer etc but 8gb??? I got the nexus because without the expansion verizon at least had 32gb. And no it isn't full but it has over 16gb on it and not the big games google would like you to plan on the tablet.
  10. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Buy selling it with such low storage space they pretty much force you to stream from the cloud. The whole emphasis on the devices shown today was use of the cloud. However, this means alot of buying movies we already own from Google Play just to watch it on these devices. I've already converted numerous DVDs to android friendly formats and now that space is limited, so is the selection I can put on the device. Heck, with the file sizes of the converted files I'd be lucky to fit 3 movies on an 8gb Nexus 7.

If I want to stream over multiple devices I'm going to be uploading media for days. Plus if you're on a roadtrip it's sometimes hard to find a good and fast data signal, and since these are wifi only you're pretty much at a loss on the road. At least with my Xoom I can fit in multiple seasons of shows or movies through SD cards.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links