DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Moving From iOS to a Samsung Galaxy Device?

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

Moving From iOS to a Samsung Galaxy Device?

If you are moving over from iOS to a Samsung Galaxy device- we have no idea why you'd want to do that- Samsung has your solution, and it's called Easy Phone Sync. The free software installs on your Galaxy handset and a PC or Mac, then transfers all of your stuff from iTunes over to your Samsung Android tablet or phone. Sammy is just trying to lend a hand to people that have been forced at gunpoint to make the move over to Android. They're not trying to make it easier to make the jump, so don't get any ideas --ahem. The full press release is below:

SAMSUNG CUSTOMERS NOW ABLE TO TRANSFER CONTENT FROM IOS TO ANDROID FOR FREE

Exclusive licensing agreement makes Easy Phone Sync available on Samsung Galaxy devices

22nd June 2012, London, UK – Samsung Mobile UK today announced it will be making Easy Phone Sync available for free to anyone purchasing a Samsung Galaxy device. Easy Phone Sync is a simple new way for people to transfer their iPhone and iTunes media – including music, videos, podcasts, pictures, contacts and text messages - to a Samsung Galaxy device including the new Galaxy S III.

As part of an exclusive licensing agreement with Media Mushroom Applications, Samsung is making Easy Phone Sync available for free for UK customers to transfer content from their iOS device to their Samsung Galaxy device in a few simple clicks. As well as being able to access DRM free content they have purchased from iTunes music, customers can continue to use iTunes software on their PC to manage their music, videos and podcasts and keep their Android device in sync with it.

Simon Stanford, Vice President, Telecommunications and Networks, Samsung UK and Ireland said: "We're really proud to announce the launch of this new application and can't wait to hear what our new and existing customers think of it. We know that traditionally iPhone users have been reluctant to switch to an Android device because they couldn't use iTunes to manage their content. Easy Phone Sync means people can now enjoy their iTunes content on a Samsung Galaxy phone. What's more is that it's really easy for them to do, and literally takes five minutes to set up."

Easy Phone Sync is available to download now for both PCs and Macs in conjunction with an app for Samsung Android devices.

For more detailed information, please visit Easy Phone Sync - Mobile.
    Via: S3 Forums

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    EPIC!! WAY TO GO SAMSUNG!!
    I Guarantee Apple Isnt going to like this..... I feel some kind of Frivalous lawsuit coming on.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    You do know that Apple invented converting files, transferring files, naming files.......

Do not look at Xerox Palo Alto, move along, nothing to see hear.
    Google Navigation: The Garmin Killer!

Google is "Skynet". I know that one day my Android phone is going to turn into a robot and try to kill me, but I am o-k with that.
  5. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I think that this is over due and i would expect Apple to counter with a similar tool for converts going the other way..
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I had this app on my phone for a while and just uninstalled it today....
    Baby blue LG Chocolate (Retired)
    Env Touch (Being beaten by my GF)
    Droid X (Rooted, CM7, and also being beaten, by my mom)
    Droid 3 (Rooted, CM9, and currently being loved by me!)
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    If Apple doesn't sue Samsung (hard to believe there's not SOME IOS code they have to utilize - or "license" - in some manner), I'm sure they will do something in their next update to break this software.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I've never understood the appeal towards these sync programs. It's one of the reasons I never wanted an iPod. Drag & Drop is universal, and just plain simple to do. Plus you have full control of where things go.

Though, I guess it is nice that iOS users can use iTunes to completely back up their devices. Like, I guess the equivalent for us would be nandroid backups.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post

If you are moving over from iOS to a Samsung Galaxy device- we have no idea why you'd want to do that- Samsung has your solution, and it's called Easy Phone Sync.

I'm not sure why someone would have an iOS device...
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Apple is like that overbearing parent that says to you..."you can go play anywhere you want today, as long as it is in the backyard".
    Google Navigation: The Garmin Killer!

Google is "Skynet". I know that one day my Android phone is going to turn into a robot and try to kill me, but I am o-k with that.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto x, Droid razr and N7 2013
    Lmfao

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Links