DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Another ICS Leak this time for the Droid BIONIC!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

Another ICS Leak this time for the Droid BIONIC!

Why should the Droid4 and Droid Razr have all the fun?! Now the Bionic gets to join in the ICS leakage party too! Last night P3Droid announced from his Twitter "WOOT --- ICS 4.0.4 is here for the Bionic". This got me and several others pretty darned excited. I was up for most of the night waiting for more news. I finally went to sleep, and when I awoke the ICS file had been leaked out to the masses. It was leaked in the form of a Cheescake update. The build number is Version 6.7.2231.XT875.Verizon.en.US. We have previously seen Ice Cream Sandwich for the Droid Bionic in the form of custom Roms. Developers like Dhacker and Hashcode have made sure that we had some form of ICS since it released last fall. All of these Roms have had one problem or another since there was no full ICS rom to work with from Motorola, and they have been able to mash up code to get CM9 and other roms booting on the Bionic. This leak should pave the way for lots of Stable ICS Roms.

It should be noted that you must be running 5.9.905 stock and that you must flash the file via Stock Recovery. Once flashed you should be able to root it via MotoFail. It has not been announced whether or not you can FXZ back to stock. "There is always a chance this could take you off the official update path".

Leaks always give us hope of an official release at it shows the manufacturer has made some progress.

Grab the file here via ACSyndicate

Update: The link above is down due to heavy traffic! DroidHive.com put together a list of mirrors that can be found here
    ICS 4.0.4 Leak (6.7.2231) - DROID BIONIC - droidHIVE Forums

P3droid has also confirmed that you will be off the official OTA update path for now if you flash this. He added this as well.

"P3Droid@P3Droid
    If you see any1 spreading fear about loading this leak, plz smack them with a dead, old fish, tell em to Shut Up, to many complainers out there"

If history prevails you will eventually have a way back to official OTA update path.

My INstall Guide for the ICS Leak

Last edited by DroidModderX; 06-21-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidModderX View Post

Why should the Droid4 and Droid Razr have all the fun?! Now the Bionic gets to join in the ICS leakage party too! Last night P3Droid announced from his Twitter "WOOT --- ICS 4.0.4 is here for the Bionic". This got me and several others pretty darned excited. I was up for most of the night waiting for more news. I finally went to sleep, and when I awoke the ICS file had been leaked out to the masses. It was leaked in the form of a Cheescake update. The build number is Version 6.7.2231.XT875.Verizon.en.US. We have previously seen Ice Cream Sandwich for the Droid Bionic in the form of custom Roms. Developers like Dhacker and Hashcode have made sure that we had some form of ICS since it released last fall. All of these Roms have had one problem or another since there was no full ICS rom to work with from Motorola, and they have been able to mash up code to get CM9 and other roms booting on the Bionic. This leak should pave the way for lots of Stable ICS Roms.

It should be noted that you must be running 5.9.905 stock and that you must flash the file via Stock Recovery. Once flashed you should be able to root it via MotoFail. It has not been announced whether or not you can FXZ back to stock. "There is always a chance this could take you off the official update path".

Leaks always give us hope of an official release at it shows the manufacturer has made some progress.

Grab the file here via ACSyndicate

Woooot

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I just tried installing this on my stock (rooted) .905 install, and it gave me an assert failure on zumocast. Not sure why, or how to fix it, don't have time to figure it out now. Maybe I need to do a factory reset before applying this, who knows?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    this is AWESOME news!!!! I mean we knew that ICS was eventually coming to the Bionic, but had not seen any leaks of an official build (unlike just about every Moto phone that has come out in the last year)...up until now

I'm gonna hold off on flashing this build until someone else has determined that you can actually get back to 905 in the event that this would take you off the upgrade path. One thing I'm excited to see is if the new version of webtop will be included with ICS on the Bionic.
    Jay

BIONIC - Ice Cream Sandwich .246 SafeStrap 3 (ICS/CM10/CodenameAndroid)
    Kindle Fire - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 by HashCode
    OG DROID DROID CONCEPTS ROMS (looking for ideas to re-purpose this fine device)
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.

This is great news.
    As soon as someone determines it's safe to flash I'm on it.
    (If we can get back to .905 that is)
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm pretty sure once you are on ICS, you can't go back to GB. I am sure the devs will come up with a way to get us on the "official" ICS once it is out, though. I am going to give this a try if I can get it to flash. Trying FXZ back to stock, take .905 update and hope for the best.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Nice. I'll flash it once I know a recovery to 905 can be done
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid BB Froyo 0.4 and X

Assert failure

I have a stock 905 Bionic (rooted, no mods) and attempted to install the zip file (as an update) through the stock recovery.

It started "installing update" then after "verifying current system" I got the following error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/loadpreinstalls.sh", 53c832fd893e26ac03decca85b1608dc86e8b624, f6e0fffff15f5e32ee406b8d5ecb3d386501f463)

E: error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)

Cleared the cache partition, tried again and then got this error:

assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system")
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)

So, guess I'll watch and see how other fare with the update and try again later.

UPDATE
    Did a factory reset, re-downloaded the zip from another mirror and still same errors... Can't get it installed.

Anyone else running into this?

Last edited by parkbsu; 06-21-2012 at 10:59 AM.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    This was so unexpected. I'm pumped for this....who's gonna be the guinea pig and flash it, then try to fxz back to stock .905/.902??? hmmmm?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    d2vzw
    No love for us d3 owners. Despite pretty much being the same phone.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Links