DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: [Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    GS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Search Function is your friend... you don't have to read the entire thread:

Post 2140942
    Post 2140116
    Post 2139217
    Post 2138516
    Post 2141125

(And that only took me 3 minutes to come up with.)
    3 minutes you'll never get back, lol! Thanks!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855 Froyo 2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Coosa Droid View Post
    I understand where you are coming from in that you can't take your phone to another carrier so your stuck with it. It was the brick comment that threw me off. I bought the new Razr Maxx gambling that my plan will hold out for 2 more years. Wonder if they change the terms if they have to let you out without the cancellation fees etc?
    yeah sorry for the confusion. I actually edited that post this morning as I was so tired... I barely remember what I posted Yeah brick phone usually a term used for those that failed @ rooting. I just basically stole that term with my own situation as I can't use smartphone without data plan. I will end up losing money. If you are under month to month, then there is no such thing as Cancellation fees. Both parties can feel free to widen their options following individual conditions (pros vs cons). I can see a lawsuit to stop Verizon changing my plan after the 2 years contract (2014), but lawsuit is a mess!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855 Froyo 2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
    I wonder how they will treat it with everything going on now though. For instance I am on a family plan with my second line just upgrading. I "could" remain on that contract but if I try to upgrade my phone July 8th when I come up then I would have to move to the new plan OR tier the data on my line but technically keep the plan in tact at least for the second line. I wonder if I woudl have to pay an ETF to get both lines off since they woudl force a change on one line and technically not allow me to remain as I am now...
    Do you have any unlimited data on your smartphone? If not, why worry? What you can do is this. Let your phone w/o unlimited data to runs out of its contract (seems to me July 8th?) You don't have to pay any fees once you entered Month to Month. You can pull that phone out of your family plan and create individual line for it. New plan is designed for Talk and text. If your old plan is not under 1000 Minutes, then the new plan is the way to go. I am stuck to the gut with my old plan . I only pay $160 for 5 phones . Once I offloaded my smartphones, I can use subsidized (free) dumb phones and reduce my monthly to $100 .
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD XT926
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Many people are doing the same. I posted my intentions of this on the first day. But with so many people doing the same it looks like the secondary market is gonna be flooded with brand new SIII's. Kinda wish I had grabbed two Maxx's over the weekend when they were on sale and flipped those instead.

And when it comes time to sell check out swappa. Much better and cheaper than ebay for selling phones and tablets.
    How do you flip a phone? (I know what the term means) my contact says if I change my phone number or revive thurs phone from my account I have to pay the subsidy discount back to them. (both my phone from Amazon and NewEgg) I love penny deals (although on this phone I jumped in too early it was $19.99 when I bought it and $0.01 a couple of weeks later)

Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Search Function is your friend... you don't have to read the entire thread:

Post 2140942
    Post 2140116
    Post 2139217
    Post 2138516
    Post 2141125

(And that only took me 3 minutes to come up with.)

I have not found a search function from tapatalk, any advice to locate it would be beneficial, thanks. As I hate having to navigate the forums from my mobile browser, too much java slows things down.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by finndo77 View Post
    I have not found a search function from tapatalk, any advice to locate it would be beneficial, thanks. As I hate having to navigate the forums from my mobile browser, too much java slows things down.
    Menu-Search within a thread.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    I hardly do any posting from mobile, so I'm not sure about searching within tapatalk, but if I were wanting to find if something has been discussed in a specific thread, I would probably use a Google search directed at the specific thread which would get me to the correct page, then once you click on it, tapatalk should offer to open the page for you.

i.e. google search the following

Code:
    site: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/211657-update-verizons-new-family-data-plans-begin-its-called-share-everything-plan.html GS3 OR GSIII OR SIII OR S3
    and you should link up any page in this thread with GS3 and/or GSIII and/or SIII and/or S3. Usually a good place to start to see if something has been discussed in a long thread even if you aren't on tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    Or that... hahaha
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    How do you flip a phone? (I know what the term means) my contact says if I change my phone number or revive thurs phone from my account I have to pay the subsidy discount back to them. (both my phone from Amazon and NewEgg) I love penny deals (although on this phone I jumped in too early it was $19.99 when I bought it and $0.01 a couple of weeks later)
    That is an agreement you make with amazon and all other third party retailers. You have to not change phones or numbers within a certain period of time. If I buy a SIII or a Maxx right now through VZW I could turn right around and sell it. They have me locked into a 2 year contract so they get their money either way. If I fulfill the contract or if I terminate early.

You don't activate phones anymore. Well 4G phones anyway. It is all about the SIM cards.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    FastKatt
    Phone
    Rooted RazrMaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    My Tapatalk doesn't have this...

Sent from my Eclipsed RazrMaxx!
    Me: Motorola Droid RazrMaxx - Rooted
    Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note2 - Stock
    Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Rooted
    Daughter: Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted
    Spare Rooted Phones: LG Vortex & 3 Droid 1s
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey_man View Post
    Do you have any unlimited data on your smartphone? If not, why worry? What you can do is this. Let your phone w/o unlimited data to runs out of its contract (seems to me July 8th?) You don't have to pay any fees once you entered Month to Month. You can pull that phone out of your family plan and create individual line for it. New plan is designed for Talk and text. If your old plan is not under 1000 Minutes, then the new plan is the way to go. I am stuck to the gut with my old plan . I only pay $160 for 5 phones . Once I offloaded my smartphones, I can use subsidized (free) dumb phones and reduce my monthly to $100 .
    Both of my phones are unlimited. Having only 2 lines I would need to add a line to my current plan with dumb phone to split out one of my current lines. That woudl only cost me more money having basically 2 smartphone plans instead of one shared plan. Not to mention I lose unlimited on a line.

I use too much data to get down below $150-160 with the new plans so that I could get 8-10GB.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Anybody seen this? My mouth dropped open.....because of the amounts of GB involved.... How come I dont remember hearing about this???

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veriz...-plans_id31590

Is this even true?? Those amounts are what Verizon should offer.
    Last edited by jroc; 06-26-2012 at 01:23 AM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Links