DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: [Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    No...compared to the plans we have right now. I'd be paying $30 more per month (at minimum) for less data than my lines total now. These plans are soon going to be the ONLY option. That's what's different about AT&T and Sprint. They have this plan for those that need the large voice capacity and texts. Verizon is making this the only option.
    There are obviously exceptions for those who have grandfathered plans that will no longer be grandfathered in. But the rule is that those who have multiple smart devices will see a slight increase or near the same.

My current Verizon bill has me at 450 minutes, unlimited mobile to any mobile, unlimited text, and 2 Gigs of data. I pay $95. I will see a $5 increase for the same data and text. The move to unlimited calling does nothing for me as I never go over the 450 since I have unlimited mobile to ANY mobile. Essentially, I will pay $5 more for the same thing. I did mention earlier that those with one smart device will be hit with an increase.

Older rate plans will probably see a larger increase. The only other option is to sacrifice service and coverage by going to Sprint (I've been with Sprint, I can testify)

However, if I were to add a tablet to my line (the assumptive second device for single people), I pay $20 more. This is now a savings for me when I add that second device.

OLD: $95 for my phone + $50 for my tablet = $145
    NEW: $100 for my phone + $20 for my tablet = $120 ($70 data + $40 phone + $10 tablet)
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Im going to be buying devices at full price. I just don't trust Verizon anymore. I mean they said last year we would keep grandfather plans even when we upgrade. Now it comes with a caveat. Sneaky sneaky.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    Incorrect. After June 28th those plans will not exist.
    And you base this one what? The articles in thenewspapers, online or on this or other sites? I base my information upon a callto Verizon (and not an everyday Verizon rep reachable via 611, and upon anotherperson I know who made a call to a Verizon rep on 611). We were both told thesame thing by two different people. So please tell me, what is the source ofyour information; have you even called Verizon to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    It would only cost you 0.01 per monthmore as long as you use under 2 GB per month. You use 1 kb over 2 GB and itwill cost you more.

Why did you even comment? If you read my message, Iclearly stated the usage I was using and, “It would cost me .01 per month more;”ME not anyone else since I cannot speak for them.
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8

Droid Razr Maxx HD

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by evstx View Post
    Essentially, I will pay $5 more for the same thing.
    And you're ok with that? I understand that there are bandwidth concerns, but there has to be SOME incentive for those of us on unlimited plans to switch. Believe it or not, I was not anti-Verizon until these plans were announced. I understand that they are a business and are in it to make money, but how can you charge someone upwards of 30, 50, or hell I've seen it somewhere 100 dollars more for the same service (or less in my case)? I'm not going to stick around long enough to be sucked into these plans. All I can do is speak with my wallet. If I lay down and accept whatever VZ's terms are (even when I find them ridiculous), it does nothing to remedy the already questionable cell carrier market.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    OK ... Add a 4th line and 5th line.

Each additional line on AT&T is $40 for smart phones ($10 + 30), and for Sprint it is $30 ($20 + $10).

AT&T cost is the same.
    Sprint is cheaper by $10 for each line.

In addition, these plans include free hot-spot, so there will be no need to purchase those tablet plans anymore (which are currently $50 per month). But if you do add tablets, the price is actually lower. Tablets are only $10 additional, and if you boost up your data to the next level for it, then the tablet nets you a $20 gain vs. the $50 it is now.
    Why does anyone pay for a tablet plan?
    Most support Bluetooth PAN and all you need to is pair with your "Android" (at least Bionic and Razr).
    As long as I have my phone in my pocket or close by, I just turn on BT and connect with my iPad. BANG tethered via BT.
    BenLand150 likes this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3
    There are obviously exceptions for those who have grandfathered plans that will no longer be grandfathered in. But the rule is that those who have multiple smart devices will see a slight increase or near the same.

My current Verizon bill has me at 450 minutes, unlimited mobile to any mobile, unlimited text, and 2 Gigs of data. I pay $95. I will see a $5 increase for the same data and text. The move to unlimited calling does nothing for me as I never go over the 450 since I have unlimited mobile to ANY mobile. Essentially, I will pay $5 more for the same thing. I did mention earlier that those with one smart device will be hit with an increase.

Older rate plans will probably see a larger increase. The only other option is to sacrifice service and coverage by going to Sprint (I've been with Sprint, I can testify)

However, if I were to add a tablet to my line (the assumptive second device for single people), I pay $20 more. This is now a savings for me when I add that second device.

OLD: $95 for my phone + $50 for my tablet = $145
    NEW: $100 for my phone + $20 for my tablet = $120 ($70 data + $40 phone + $10 tablet)
    A little off topic but.......Verizon offers unlimited mobile to ANY mobile calling?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. After 6/28, the old tiered plans will cease to exist. If you are currently on one, you can keep it, but otherwise, tough cookies. If he upgrades that one line, that line will be forced to family share (thus forcing his whole account to family share). That's how I see it. Really wish we had a VZ rep here to clear all this confusion.
    This is what I'm about to call Verizon about. And to ask something else. I have a 3 line family plan with 1 line unlimited.

I do hope current Verizon reps, employees hang out in the forums...especially now. Just to see all the commotion they are causing...lol.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    OK ... Add a 4th line and 5th line.

Each additional line on AT&T is $40 for smart phones ($10 + 30), and for Sprint it is $30 ($20 + $10).

AT&T cost is the same.
    Sprint is cheaper by $10 for each line.
    Wrong, not apples to apples. With AT&T and Sprint you are getting data and access. With Verizon you are getting only access.

Then add a feature phone and your screwed.
    Last edited by IN AWE; 06-14-2012 at 04:49 PM.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, G Nex, Razr MAxx
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    Why does anyone pay for a tablet plan?
    Most support Bluetooth PAN and all you need to is pair with your "Android" (at least Bionic and Razr).
    As long as I have my phone in my pocket or close by, I just turn on BT and connect with my iPad. BANG tethered via BT.
    Or FoxFi?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus - 4.3 - Shiny ROM

Droid Razr Maxx (XT912) - 4.2.2 - Buttered AOKP ROM

OG Droid (retired) - 2.3.7 - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7)
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    You guys are crazy and should stop bickering. I love the idea of having limited, shared data so I can't watch any movies on my phone outside of WiFi for more than 10minutes, nor download any big files to my phone.

/s
    Trusstopher likes this.
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Links