DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: [Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    I currently have a single line plan with a droid X. I use approx. 140 minutes per month, 27 text messages per month and on average for the past six months; 450 megs of data per month.
    450 minutes: $39.99
    250 Message allowance: $5.00
    Email & Webb Unlimited Data: $29.99
    (this does not account for for taxes, fees, and my 22% discount)

If I take an upgrade and agree to a new two-year contract after June 28:
    Email & Webb 2GB: 30.00

(plus taxes, fees minus my 22 percent discount)

It would cost me .01 per month more...
    Incorrect. After June 28th those plans will not exist.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    People don't text anymore? That's not true even a little. Texting is still alive and well.
    You can use Google or iMessage only with people on the same system using the same app. Everyone I know texts. If anything, no one makes phones calls anymore. lol
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, G Nex, Razr MAxx
    Quote Originally Posted by PereDroid View Post
    People don't text anymore? That's not true even a little. Texting is still alive and well.
    You can use Google or iMessage only with people on the same system using the same app. Everyone I know texts. If anything, no one makes phones calls anymore. lol
    I use Google Voice to get around paying for texting but the main reason I actually did that is so I could use my tablet more without having to switch to my phone just to talk to people. But I also have unlimited data to... But yes texting is very much alive and anyone who says otherwise must not drive anywhere...

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus - 4.3 - Shiny ROM

Droid Razr Maxx (XT912) - 4.2.2 - Buttered AOKP ROM

OG Droid (retired) - 2.3.7 - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7)
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    FYI, I called customer service to complain and they acknowledged my complaint. She didn't say, but she knew exactly what I was saying and made me feel like others have this same complaint! We need to keep up the pressure on them!

Quote Originally Posted by akhenax View Post
    I was pretty much forced to get my Mom a smartphone, upgrading from her 4 year old feature phone. The new "basic" phones are really BASIC. They are crap! Remember the Voyager, the Dare, etc.? I thought feature phones could only get better with time, but it seems they have gotten worse, at Verizon specifically.
    IMO you should consider a pay as you go plan, $30-$50 depending on minutes/ data. I put my wife on a $50 PAYG T-Mobile and a $200 walmart samsung android with front facing camera (great phone). No insurance and $1.50 in taxes this saved us $20 a month over putting her on my account with VZW.

If I took advantage of the new share plans then it would cost us $10 a month more and I would lose my unlimited data, so it is not going to happen for now!

Quote Originally Posted by akhenax View Post
    Off topic, I wish there was a sister forum site for Netflix, as I really hate the new Xbox 360 Netflix app and would love to festoon the internet with my rants about it. When I say hate, I mean HATE A LOT, just to clarify.

On topic, I see a lot of people saying to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy SIII now to keep your unlimited data. Is there a reason to do this if you already have a high end phone (Droid Razr, Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx, Rezound)? I think doing so would be a waste of money in my mind.
    I am considering using my upgrade and either keeping my other phone as a backup (drop insurance) or selling it on eBay or something. This way I am gauranteed 2 more years of unlimited.... Only a few days to decide
    Last edited by sonixmon; 06-14-2012 at 12:44 PM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Just did a quick chat with Verizon online and the rep told me individual lines will not be affected. They will stay the same, so you don't have to worry about upgrading before June 28th to keep your current plan. Also, all they would say about renewing a contract that is grand-fathered in under unlimited data was this... "If you upgrade again and renew your contract you may have an option to be grand fathered in with your plan. However if this option is not given you will need to select a new plan." So, basically, if they offer you to stay with your current plan, you can. If they don't, you can't. But obviously the rep didn't know whether that will be an option or not.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by androidlearner View Post
    The more you buy the more of a discount you get on. That's how pretty much every system works for anything you by.

Understandable, but looking at the numbers, for another $50 you get nine times more data, makes no sense, yes I know if you buy more you get a better deal, but a 9-1 better deal, no store or business "except Verizon" would try to sell you something like this.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I can't believe this part:

A Verizon Wireless spokeswoman said early Wednesday, one day after the launch, that the carrier is "very pleased with the response to our announcement."

Way out of touch!!
    Beka27 likes this.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, G Nex, Razr MAxx
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    "Understandable, but looking at the numbers, for another $50 you get nine times more data, makes no sense, yes I know if you buy more you get a better deal, but a 9-1 better deal, no store or business "except Verizon" would try to sell you something like this.
    I didn't say it was a good deal just that that's how it usually works. Verizon is not making any friends right now.

Verizon Galaxy Nexus - 4.3 - Shiny ROM

Droid Razr Maxx (XT912) - 4.2.2 - Buttered AOKP ROM

OG Droid (retired) - 2.3.7 - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7)
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    I currently have a single line plan with a droid X. I use approx. 140 minutes per month, 27 text messages per month and on average for the past six months; 450 megs of data per month.
    Email & Webb Unlimited Data: $29.99
    (this does not account for for taxes, fees, and my 22% discount)

If I take an upgrade and agree to a new two-year contract after June 28:
    Email & Webb 2GB: 30.00

(plus taxes, fees minus my 22 percent discount)

It would cost me .01 per month more...
    It would only cost you 0.01 per month more as long as you use under 2 GB per month. You use 1 kb over 2 GB and it will cost you more.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    Incorrect. After June 28th those plans will not exist.
    It was said that for existing customers, you have the choice to either switch to the Share Everything plan, or just give up unlimited data and be put onto tiered data plans.
Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Links