DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: [Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    DG, to answer the bold in your OP, I've read that it's $10 for 2GB more if you order more data before you go over. If you just happen to go over, it's $15 for each GB over.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    I just called *611 to ask about if you add a line after the 28th... they haven't been trained on this yet.???? Really??? :banghead:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    G1
    This is terrible.

I have my family on the unlimited data plan. If I want to change phones at some point, are they going to make me go to this terrible plan? I thought people get grandfathered in, but someone said they are converting people over if they make any change to their account. If so, I'll be going to another provider.

Whichever corporate exec thought up and approved this plan should be fired.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    One thing that I haven't seen any mention of is what will happen to people with just a single phone? Are they forcing EVERYONE over to Share Everything (even if we don't have anyone to share with on our account), or just mutli-line accounts? If such is the case, will the old pricing structure stick for a single line account?
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    DG, to answer the bold in your OP, I've read that it's $10 for 2GB more if you order more data before you go over. If you just happen to go over, it's $15 for each GB over.
    If that is correct then it make sense to pay for 1GB then bump to 3GB (assuming 3 is enough for you) for an extra $10 each month rather than pay $60 up front and only get 2GB.... but after that level it is no longer advantageous.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    One thing that I haven't seen any mention of is what will happen to people with just a single phone? Are they forcing EVERYONE over to Share Everything (even if we don't have anyone to share with on our account), or just mutli-line accounts? If such is the case, will the old pricing structure stick for a single line account?
    Interesting thought. Although it seems to me like they would want single lines to pay the same, since there is the chance of multiple devices. Just taking a wild guess here.
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    This is just uncalled for. I just did some calculations. Even if I were to keep my plan similar to what it is now with two smart and two feature phones and using the data we normally do I would be going from $190 a month to over $240 a month including insurance and taxes/surcharges. Was also hoping to add another smartphone for my wife which would up the data and line charge bringing the bill into the $260 range.

No way!!!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Did I read this wrong? My understanding is that Verizon thinks a family can share ten gigs?
    jroc and wann495909 like this.
  9. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the clarification! Everyone take note of this.
    Trusstopher likes this.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    Ok at $50 for 1GB of shared data I'm probably going to switch to Sprint when my contract ends in 2 years. I use about 5GB per month when I don't do any tethering and on top of that I am the only one on our family plan who has a smart phone so I would get stuck paying for the data. I refuse to pay $20 more for only 1GB of data when I have unlimited for $30. Plus 6GB would cost me $50 more than I am currently paying. At that price I can move my line to Sprint with unlimited everything.

I pay about $45 per month as a secondary line with data and insurance. 6GB of shared data would bump my payment to $95. With Sprint I can get unlimited everything for about $80.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Links