DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: [Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGMD1 View Post
    iPhone 4S?
    no that's a 4G phone on AT&T after the update - remember?

Trusstopher and r314bd like this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletBuckeye View Post
    looks like if I want, I can upgrade my phone now at full price..

I'm guessing that means I wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee as well as I could keep my unlimited?
    Technically, you are welcome to buy a phone at full price at anytime with no ETF, it just isn't an "upgrade" per se.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    This share everything plan might actually work better for me. My hubby has just has a basic phone and I have a the Razr Maxx. I Iike the idea of unlimited messaging and minutes on calls. I actually dont even use up 2G per month but I might just get 4G to have a comfort level. Does anyone know how I can check to see how much Gigs I use per month? I think there is a way to check on my phone but I cant find it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Technically, you are welcome to buy a phone at full price at anytime with no ETF, it just isn't an "upgrade" per se.
    got it, thanks...maybe once I get a bit more money in the bank I'll look into buying a new phone..love my X, but really want a 4G phone
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    This share everything plan might actually work better for me. My hubby has just has a basic phone and I have a the Razr Maxx. I Iike the idea of unlimited messaging and minutes on calls. I actually dont even use up 2G per month but I might just get 4G to have a comfort level. Does anyone know how I can check to see how much Gigs I use per month? I think there is a way to check on my phone but I cant find it.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
    Did I read this wrong? My understanding is that Verizon thinks a family can share ten gigs?
    I so don't get this. My family doesn't break 2GB, ever. Our phones use wireless at home and work and wherever else we can get it.

The pricing structure will save my family over $30/month if I plan for us to double our data usage.

For those of you breaking 10GB/month, what the frak are you doing?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I have no idea, however if any of the current phones interest you, you might be able to do an early upgrade.
    It's for my parents actually. They both had OG Droids and they were curious about the iPhone so they upgraded to the iPhone 4S when they renewed their contract last fall. That has turned out to be quite a mistake since they're now locked into the 3G-only iPhones for another 12 months.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by thc1967 View Post
    I so don't get this. My family doesn't break 2GB, ever. Our phones use wireless at home and work and wherever else we can get it.

The pricing structure will save my family over $30/month if I plan for us to double our data usage.

For those of you breaking 10GB/month, what the frak are you doing?
    Seriously? The whole my usage is this so yours should be too routine again? I don't use my phone as home internet and I hit right around 3-4 Gigs. I'm on forums, push email, web browsing, all non intensive stuff. I just do it away from home and not around Wi-Fi. 10 gigs for a family of four would be cutting it close for many. I could certainly understand it not being enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    4G/3G makes no difference, if you buy your new smartphone you will keep your unlimited data plan, get with the times, there is NO MORE 3G only phones on Verizon or AT&T or Sprint, withing the next 5 years , 3G will be no more, 4G LTE will be it, which will also be used for Voice and text.
    I have no idea, however if any of the current phones interest you, you might be able to do an early upgrade.
    First point- VZW.com is selling 3G deivces. Alot of them. Look for yourself http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...ceCategoryId=1

Second point- you need to go 4G. 3G to 4G is a contractual change. So to stay unlimited with 4G you will need a 4G device. If you get a 3G device and then switch to 4G later you will have to change plans within the verizon system which is coded different. At all costs you do not want a 3G upgrade at this point if you want to keep your unlimited data.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I'm trying to find a silver lining in all of this. I saw the following on VZW's website:

I have an unlimited data plan on my account. Do I need to change it?

You're not required to move to Share Everything but if you do, unlimited data will not be retained on your line. As a Verizon Wireless customer you have choices when you upgrade at discounted pricing. You can choose from a standalone data package starting at $30 for 2GB or a Share Everything Plan. If keeping unlimited is important to you, you can choose to upgrade and pay full retail price for the phone.
    The way I read this (which means nothing) is that we won't be forced into a plan with unlimited minutes and still have the option to keep data on a per device type plan like we have now. It's still sucks for those with unlimited data, but we all knew that was coming to the end (unless you pay full retail).
Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Links