DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Motorola Droid RAZR's Ice Cream Sandwich Update Delayed, but Coming June 12

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2048 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Rumor] Motorola Droid RAZR's Ice Cream Sandwich Update Delayed, but Coming June 12

According to a report over at CNET, Verizon is very close to rolling out Ice Cream Sandwich to the Motorola Droid RAZR, but it has been delayed. That's the bad news. The good news is that a Verizon spokesperson supposedly confirmed that their current target date for its release is June 12th. That's just next week, so at least the delay isn't too far off. Ironically, the reason for the delay had nothing to do with the phone itself, nor the ICS update. It seems that the cause of the delay is that VZW needs to update their rollout servers. We will keep you posted if we find any new developments.

Source: CNET

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    hmm.. cnet.
    dont forget to like !
    the cake is a lie
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I wish carriers didn't have so much power here in the states. Why can't it be like in Europe and Asia where the manufacture is in charge of deploying updates. I mean really, isn't verizon loosing money by doing all these update testing, and deployment of updates? And what do they even do? Remember how buggy the Gingerbread update for the DX was. Don't tell me that it had 3 months of testing from vzw, and got an okay to launch with how it was. Plus, some of vzws other phones that launch with some nasty stuff.

US Carriers. Put all that money for the updates, and testing towards your network. Cause after all that's what you're there for.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    I wish carriers didn't have so much power here in the states. Why can't it be like in Europe and Asia where the manufacture is in charge of deploying updates. I mean really, isn't verizon loosing money by doing all these update testing, and deployment of updates? And what do they even do? Remember how buggy the Gingerbread update for the DX was. Don't tell me that it had 3 months of testing from vzw, and got an okay to launch with how it was. Plus, some of vzws other phones that launch with some nasty stuff.

US Carriers. Put all that money for the updates, and testing towards your network. Cause after all that's what you're there for.
    The US carriers can't embed all of their crapware if they left it up to the manufactures...NO way are they going to give away the ability to make money on embedded junk that we don't use but that they get paid to embed anyway.
    Last edited by jerkwad; 06-05-2012 at 09:41 AM.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    How is this a delay? The only thing concrete we have to go on is Moto's update schedule, which states "Q2" - if it's not out by 6/30/2012, THEN it's delayed.

EDIT: It appears that this "article" is written based on another "article" by the same author, from April 27th. Apparently this guy never reads the internet, and completely missed the Moto update schedule that was posted AFTER that date. I think he's still going by that leaked memo that everyone was talking about prior.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 06-05-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    A big F U to Moto and VZW for rolling out this update and leaving the Bionic in the dust. I wish I had some spare cash because I cannot wait to jump ship.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Raverrevolution View Post
    A big F U to Moto and VZW for rolling out this update and leaving the Bionic in the dust. I wish I had some spare cash because I cannot wait to jump ship.
    Bionic = EARLY in Q3 (in other words, i'd bet before the end of July, were I a betting man - things will probably move quickly now that the GNex is finally being updated)
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    i can't even imagine how ticked you RAZR owners must be - when the RAZR was unveiled in October (??), didn't Jha say it would have ICS in "early" 2012?? i guess it's no surprise what Jha is doing now for employment - nothing!
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raverrevolution View Post
    The Bionic is scheduled to get ICS...the D3 got left in the dust.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    jroc likes this.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    The Bionic is scheduled to get ICS...the D3 got left in the dust.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    neither of those phones should have ever effing been released, The D3 was a joke and the Bionic was FINALLY released, only to be trumped by the razr a month later. WTF I'm personally done with moto unless they get their **** straight with the new merger. I'm definitely looking at the new SGS3 and hoping maybe a good keyboard phone at a decent size is released someday in the future.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links