DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [Updated] Pre-Order Galaxy S III for on June 6th for $200 at Verizon

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    I have a question: does anyone know if it can be rooted? Is the bootloader locked? Usually, Samsung is great about this, but VZ has forced manufacterers to lock up their phones. I know the Rezound took a while to get s-off, and Htc is good with opening their devices to devs.

The Euro one already has been rooted and is unlocked. Wondering if the VZ phone is the same thing.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @RA923
    Phone
    Droid 2 R2-D2
    Thinking of jumping from my R2-D2 to this. I won't know what to do!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Tarts or no, the information is correct. It's 4GB for $30 a month until the double data promotion ends...and it ends tomorrow. The Galaxy SIII happens to go up for pre-order on Thursday, the day after the double data offer comes to a close. So, for those interested in starting a new contract to get the the SIII, it will indeed be 2GB for $30 a month.

The phone goes up for pre or elder tomorrow Wednesday the 6th
    Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk 2
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    the battery life is about 33% less then of razr maxx Samsung Galaxy S3's battery benchmark tests show good performance and knowing the piss poor quality of samsung radios, i think i'll pass.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    the battery life is about 33% less then of razr maxx Samsung Galaxy S3's battery benchmark tests show good performance and knowing the piss poor quality of samsung radios, i think i'll pass.
    And that's the global model. I would think with 4g, s4, and 2gb of ram it would be much less.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    I would wanna see it compared to the regular RAZR instead...since the Maxx has that huge battery in it. Or even the Rezound. The Rezound has a 1600 mAh battery....thats 500 mAh less than the one in the GS3. I dont think 500mAh extra would equal 2 hours more talk time. So it looks to me like the GS3 does good so far. Granted this is the GSM version? That G Nex on the list is the GSM version...and has better battery life than the Verizon one. Alot better.

Forgot thats also quad core in the GS3 in that article..vs some dual core phones with similar battery sizes......to me I think it holds up real nice vs the other phones. That last line from the article sees it like I do.. So ppl thinking quad core was gonna be this bigger battery drainer, shoulda saw that since it really wasnt going from single to dual core it was gonna be more or less the same this time.

No one can really compare any phone to the RAZR Maxx because of that huge battery. One would need extended batteries for a fairer comparison. And the US one will have the S4. Would be real interested in the battery life differences between the 2 phones.
    Last edited by jroc; 06-05-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Links