DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [Updated] Pre-Order Galaxy S III for on June 6th for $200 at Verizon

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Well this sucks. I just ordered a Galaxy Nexus through Amazon this weekend. I hope I'm not totally worked over and I can exchange it somehow.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I spoke with a Verizon rep today and she said as long as you upgrade by July 1st, you'll be able to keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan. After July 1st, you'll have to purchase the phone at full price in order to keep unlimited data.
    She couldn't however tell me if the Samsung GS3 would be released by then.

**tap'n**
  3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1000 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    OP Updated

[Update] If you Pre-order the Galaxy SIII From Verizon, you get to keep your unlimited data plan according to Droid-Life

We reached out to Verizonís PR team and they confirmed to us that if you pre-order the device, even at the subsidized $199 or $249 prices, that you will get to keep your unlimited data package (assuming you have one now). If you are a new customer or are adding a line, you would be subject to the $30 per month, 2GB tier.

We arenít exactly sure what will happen to those of you that do not pre-order and wait until the phone is actually launched, as there is a chance that Verizon will have kicked off their shared data plans by then. If that is the case, you may have to accept one of their new shared data tiers if you choose to buy the phone at a discounted rate at that time.

4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    GS3....this phone might make me try Samsung one more time....lol.

NEED more info about the next Moto phone!!! ASAP!! lol. I assume it will have different and updated LTE hardware than the G Nex? That alone says its worth a try for me.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    They said towards the end of summer if memory serves.

This phone and the next moto release will both be safe from the tiered data slam... call it a hunch. Of.course I could be wrong... it happened once

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    I am torn between the S3 and the Vanquish. I really like the car docks Moto has out since I use my DroidX for navigation in my service van. Anyone seen any car docks for the S3? I need to upgrade before the grandfathered plans expire.
    Google Navigation: The Garmin Killer!

Google is "Skynet". I know that one day my Android phone is going to turn into a robot and try to kill me, but I am o-k with that.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I just realized something.....my Rezound and G Nex let me down in the phone reception, overall call quality dept. Calls werent handled by 4G. Maybe 4G issues effected those phones and calls? Did anyone ever get a handle on what was the problem with the mic issues on the G Nex? I didnt have that problem on my Rezound and RAZR.

Guess I'm just hoping for an all around better experience with this Samsung phone. I remember when the Droid 1 had that infamous mute issue. That resolved itself with either updates or newer batches and hasnt really came back in later Moto phones. So it is possible for manufactures to correct mistakes, issues with either software or hardware. Samsung also did when they went away from that dumb file system that caused many Galaxy S 1's to lag.

We just need manufactures to learn from mistakes or be more proactive in correcting them.
    Last edited by jroc; 06-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    dam it, figures june 6th drops between my paydays. son of a beeeeee. Hmmm, guess I never noticed that 2GB of RAM, thought it was 1GB, guess just seeing it listed on the official site makes it even harder to believe! Seeing quad-core 1.5 would've been a real slap to the face
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I really wish the home button wasn't physical. From some of the pictures, it doesn't look flush. If it's not, it may be possible for me to hit it. Otherwise I could glue something on it so it sits up a little for me to hit it. How much effort do you think it will take to hit the button? I have no use of my fingers so it will be all gravity.

I'm still waiting to hear more about the Vanquish and if it's going to be released this month then I'll probably go with that instead. I'll be upgrading from the original droid and don't want to risk losing unlimited data.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I feel the same about the physical button. I wish you could at least use it to take pictures!

**tap'n**
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    So this thing has 2 gb of ram now? What kind of battery life can we expect from this phone? Full day?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Links