DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Motorola Droid - First Walk Through!

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Motorola Droid - First Walk Through!

Check out the Motorola Droid displaying the time, date, weather, photos, music, and more!

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Oh nice, good find!
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    i forgot where i read, i think in the same article that first posted this video, that they were playing the a blackberry holster and it went into "car mode" or something.. they said depending on where the magnet was placed on the droid, it went into the two different modes. meaning there would be a separate car dock and it would automatically change to the appropriate setting/mode when placed in each..

cool. i'll take two.
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Just a small note, I do kind of hate the magnetic holders as if you have them in your pockets they can wipe your credit cards!
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    true, hadn't thought of that.. but i never carry my wallet anyway, it stays in my car. maybe i shouldn't be posting that on the internet.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Yeah the Moto droid will have magnetic features that you can turn off and on. There is a docking station that holds the phone up by magnets and turns on all the features you see. Clock, radio, weather, and whatever else it does. Which I think is an interesting feature, good or bad i don't know, but interesting none the less.
  8. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    I guess the problem is caused more by the holders that you use in your pocket... for example the BB "leather" sheath I used to carry. I had to always keep it in a different pocket then my wallet/credit cards.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    oh the little sleeve the BB shipped with? i never used it.. i used a holster that had a magnet in it though, and it worked really well. i doubt the droid(s) will ship with a blackberry-esque sleeve though because i don't know of many people that really used them. it will probably just be a feature for docking purposes.

also, do we know that the magnet is used to HOLD the droid in the dock?? i would think it is only used as a trigger.. it seems like it would just be additional wear to have it actually *snap* into a docking station. it should just be like the blackberry, where it was a VERY low power magnet, just enough to trip the sensor.
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    oh the little sleeve the BB shipped with? i never used it.. i used a holster that had a magnet in it though, and it worked really well. i doubt the droid(s) will ship with a blackberry-esque sleeve though because i don't know of many people that really used them. it will probably just be a feature for docking purposes.

also, do we know that the magnet is used to HOLD the droid in the dock?? i would think it is only used as a trigger.. it seems like it would just be additional wear to have it actually *snap* into a docking station. it should just be like the blackberry, where it was a VERY low power magnet, just enough to trip the sensor.
    I would also guess that it would be a low power magnet... but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Links