DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: China's Anti-Monopoly Bureau Approves Google's Acquisition of Motorola Mobility

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Razr
    Premium Member

China's Anti-Monopoly Bureau Approves Google's Acquisition of Motorola Mobility

It looks like Google has everything they need to move forward with their recent acquisition of Motorola Mobility. After months of investigation, China's anti-monopoly bureau has given Google's purchase their blessing, although not without a stipulation. For the next five years Google must agree to keep their android operating system free to anyone that wants to use it. The stipulation was added so that the Android OS could not be closed off and made only available on Motorola devices. With this approval the company can now complete it's purchase and the deal is expected to close next week. It will be interesting to see where Google takes Motorola in the coming months so check back and we will keep you updated.

Source: The Verge

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I still don't get why they want Motorola so bad. IMO they make the worst android phones out there. Samsung and HTC really know what's up.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanPm40 View Post
    I still don't get why they want Motorola so bad. IMO they make the worst android phones out there. Samsung and HTC really know what's up.
    And that my friend, is completely and totally just your opinion. I have always had an open mind when trying new devices and every HTC and Samsung phone I have tried was complete and total garbage.

It's not even build quality that I'm talking about, the UI skins and how laggy the phones run is what I'm talking about. Radio quality and build quality are a great bonus when talking about Motorola. The new "MotoBlur" is done quite nicely and is unobtrusive. I'd assume anyone that bought a motorola device during the time after the Original Droid and before the Bionic would have a bad taste in their mouth for MotoBlur. It's great on the Bionic and the RAZR phones.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Tweaked Stock Bionic
    It's never been about acquiring a hardware manufacturer, but about intellectual property rights. Mobility holds over 25000 patents involving Android development. Google actually held less than 5000 prior, making them a legal target for competitors including Apple and Microsoft.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
    Veritas vos Liberabit

K.C. Cole
    Android Ninja

6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by djembeman

And that my friend, is completely and totally just your opinion. I have always had an open mind when trying new devices and every HTC and Samsung phone I have tried was complete and total garbage.

It's not even build quality that I'm talking about, the UI skins and how laggy the phones run is what I'm talking about. Radio quality and build quality are a great bonus when talking about Motorola. The new "MotoBlur" is done quite nicely and is unobtrusive. I'd assume anyone that bought a motorola device during the time after the Original Droid and before the Bionic would have a bad taste in their mouth for MotoBlur. It's great on the Bionic and the RAZR phones.
    Agree.

Put it like this....for my wants n needs... I may just stick with Motorola for the foreseeable future. I tried HTC and Samsung recently....the g nex and Rezound. And neither met my wants n needs as good as my RAZR.

Also agree about the patents. Motorola developed their own lte chip. That alone says moto has some decent patents.
    Last edited by jroc; 05-20-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    TouchWiz and Sense aren't laggy anymore. If you don't believe me just YouTube a review of the One X or the Galaxy S3.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    ^I agree with that too. All 3 UI's have gotten better. Wild because sense ui was always the best, smoothest. It's gotten worse since the Incredible.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Its about the patents not the hardware. Although...I little Google culture at Mobility is likely to go a long way towards improvements.

I may just go back Motorola someday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Phone: GNex
    ROM: JB Leak
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    Its all about the patents.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
  11. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    I'm a big fan of manufacturers UI's. Getting a chance to use all of them gave me an appreciation for what they all have to offer. The vast improvements over the past couple of years has turned my opinion around.

Its not like it used to be. They are smooth and feature rich. Stock Android has some catching up to do if I'm ever to go that route again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links