DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: [Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    And BTW, Syndicate, when I said "you" I didn't mean you personally. I meant collectively - all of us.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums
    Phones: OG Droid >>Droid Bionic>>Moto X
  2. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    And putting out a buffet doesn't mean you need to eat 30,000 calories, either. People demand these services, then they get them and are apparently unable to control themselves. Sometimes I wonder if people have jobs or do any work.
    Everyone is not YOU

37% of us in the U.S. do NOT have broadband

VZ is my ONLY connection to the interwebs. I burn 6-24 GB a month. Satellite is expensive, slow (no online gaming) and has similar data caps. If Apple releases a 1GB update I just burned 3GB (2 laptops and a Desktop). Now I am paying over $250 to VZ a month for my 2 phones, Xoom, and USB and I REALLY feel I am more than entitled to a total of 25 GB a month. But the current plans do not pool your data. Unlimited with a tether is currently my only viable solution.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    And I never once said they will care. Because they won't. I'm doing it for me and me alone. Not to "stick it to the man". I want unlimited and as long as I'm on Verizon, I'll do what it takes to remain unlimited.
    Except that there is nothing that you can do. They will force you off, sooner rather than later.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
    Everyone is not YOU

VZ is my ONLY connection to the interwebs. I burn 6-24 GB a month. Satellite is expensive, slow (no online gaming) and has similar data caps.
    I appreciate your dilemma. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that MOBILE data was NEVER sold or marketed as a replacement for home broadband. You managed a few years ago without it, and I imagine you find a way to survive again.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Everyone is not YOU

VZ is my ONLY connection to the interwebs. I burn 6-24 GB a month. Satellite is expensive, slow (no online gaming) and has similar data caps. If Apple releases a 1GB update I just burned 3GB (2 laptops and a Desktop). Now I am paying over $250 to VZ a month for my 2 phones, Xoom, and USB and I REALLY feel I am more than entitled to a total of 25 GB a month. But the current plans do not pool your data. Unlimited with a tether is currently my only viable solution.
    Why would you be entitled to it. Because you want it?

People pulling down 25GB on their phone, is part of the problem. You say you have no broadband, but if you have VZW then you can get a 3G or 4G hotspot for your home computers, no?

Bottom line is that you are attempting to use a phone as your household gateway to the internet. That was never what they intended. Unlimited for a phone is one thing. Unlimited for all your computers, plus the phone, is entirely different.

You have been getting away with it until now, but that doesn't mean you are entitled to it or that they owe it to you...
  6. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Why would you be entitled to it. Because you want it?

People pulling down 25GB on their phone, is part of the problem. You say you have no broadband, but if you have VZW then you can get a 3G or 4G hotspot for your home computers, no?

Bottom line is that you are attempting to use a phone as your household gateway to the internet. That was never what they intended. Unlimited for a phone is one thing. Unlimited for all your computers, plus the phone, is entirely different.

You have been getting away with it until now, but that doesn't mean you are entitled to it or that they owe it to you...
    Because I am paying for it! If I had a 5 GB plans for every device 5 times 5 is 25 GB. I have a WiFi router with a VZ USB. Device makes no difference on the same network... not seeing your point.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    It's just like everything else in the world. Your situation dictates how you feel about it. People who travel and are never home need it. people who can't get home service need it. People who don't need it don't care.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    So our next phones will be Nexus phones, and it may be with Sprint if they still offer Unlimited plans. I think that they should hold out and keep them, as being the only carrier to offer them gives them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
    I just left Sprint and their unlimited plan for Verizon. Unlimited data means nothing on such an overloaded network that get such poor throughput. Verizon speed is night and day better than Sprint.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm369 View Post
    It's just like everything else in the world. Your situation dictates how you feel about it. People who travel and are never home need it. people who can't get home service need it. People who don't need it don't care.
    Almost nobody truly needs it. We all want it. And when we rely on someone else to provide to us something that we want, we have to accept the fact they they usually dictate the terms.

And for people using their cell phone as their broadband access for their home networks, are you paying for tethering? What data plan do you use for tethering? How much data does that plan provide for?
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Because I am paying for it! If I had a 5 GB plans for every device 5 times 5 is 25 GB. I have a WiFi router with a VZ USB. Device makes no difference on the same network... not seeing your point.
    If I am reading what you are saying correctly, then the new family share plans that they are bringing this summer (that started all this) will actually be a benefit to you if they work the way most think they will. Am I correct in understanding that you are saying you don't mind paying for the data you use right now, but the current setup means if you went to a 5GB plan on each device you would be stuck with the $40 or what ever it is per device but only get a total of 5GB to split between all the devices? So when you say you are entitled to 25GB it's because if you were to leave unlimited for tiered you would be pay for 5GB 5 times but then splitting that same 5GB between all devices? instead of 25?

If this is all the case, then the family share will fix your problem in that you will actually be able to get a bigger chunk of data to use across all devices for a similar cost as what you are paying right now.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Links