DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: [Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Here we go again, everyone is going to Sprint. We have an upgrade fee now, moving to Sprint - who also has an upgrade fee. We're moving to Sprint for unlimited data now - Sprint will eventually have limits on their data too. When I worked for VZW, everyone was going to leave when you couldn't just have a smartphone and block data. Nope never happened. Do you really think VZW is going to lose a lot of business over this, do you think they already did their homework? We, on a cell phone forum, are not a good sampling of what the other 80 million plus users are thinking. Sure, some may go, then they will see what I found when I was with Sprint for 10 years - they stink and don't have relimable service. I have a cell phone and want to be able to use it when I want or need to. I get what I pay for and I have reliable service.
    Sydman likes this.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    i might have to reconsider republic wireless' $20/month unlimited everything over sprint's network idea...
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Tbolt

hmm

Curious to see what it means for those of us who got new contracts with our tbolts. I purchased a 4g unlimited plan. Not a 3g plan with the option to upgrade. And I atleast pay for mobile hotspot when I'm tethering my transformer prime lol
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    I don't don't know how other people do it, but for me I just don't see how it is possible to use 4g and use less that 20 gigs a month.. 10 if I used my phone like 3 days a month. 4g sucks down data like it sucks down battery. I don't know how anyone could stay under 10 gigs let alone 4 or 5

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855 Froyo 2.2
    First of, thanks to @Guidot to point me to an earlier post than me about disgrace move made by Verizon and sorry I didn't notice this post beforehand .

I believe that technology move way fast for such a small device, so the end of subsidized technological phones will slow down consumers buying phones as based on news report that upgrading phone every two years cost the carrier money. This $30 fee will also stop half-arsed manufacturers to add dismal things every 6 months and made a new worthwhile device that will lure costumers to spend a lumpsum. There have been arguments about many different carriers charging their customers the same "Upgrade fee" and that "Verizon are the last company to do so", but competitor phones lineup are way cheaper than Verizon. Nokia Lumia 900 for an example cost $99 with 2 years contract. Like what I believed many times ago that the main culprit is Apple phone. Many carriers changed loads of things that hurt old and new customers by implementing new tiered data and the non-existent subsidized phone. I would be fine with all of these garbage and will stick with Verizon if and only if:

1. $30 dollars for all new phones upgrade, as Verizon can't charge that new fee to Iphone users only as Verizon can get in trouble. But there have been no complained by them about other phones as they are willing to work together with Verizon. There is a way of a new deal made by Verizon and other Manufacturers to cheapen their phones and don't rid their consumer base. For an example, instead of $199 phone, they can charge $169+ $30 upgrade fee that will end up with $199 phone.

2. New tiered data plan that will scrap "grandfathered plan" for many current users. I heard from different source that this new rule will affect those users that are still in 3G transition to 4G. It will basically will hurt Apple Iphone users the most. This is after the news about Apple new Iphone that is LTE capable. I do really hope that Verizon will stick with us that are already in 4G or else I say Arrivederchi Verizon .

For me, Verizon's problem with Apple is apparent and they are trying to get Apple's attention to work in a better partnership that shouldn't burden Verizon to exist and compete with other carriers.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Where else can I take my Rezound and the wife's new 4s iPhone? We spent real money on these and once the current contract renewal is up we may find these phones are useless on other networks, that's a Double whammy.

But, I'm done with smartphones if I need to consider usage at at all.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Okay there's a petition going around...um good luck with that. They seem to have their mind made up on this one. Here's the deal. If the price is right it may not be too bad. 2-3gb under $100 isn't bad to me.
    RazrBlade
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by bacK_N_87 View Post
    Okay there's a petition going around...um good luck with that. They seem to have their mind made up on this one. Here's the deal. If the price is right it may not be too bad. 2-3gb under $100 isn't bad to me.
    I don't understand what you mean...you can currently get 2 GB (or 4 if you get the double data promo) for $30. Why would you think getting 2-3 GB for $100 would be a better deal?
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017

I don't understand what you mean...you can currently get 2 GB (or 4 if you get the double data promo) for $30. Why would you think getting 2-3 GB for $100 would be a better deal?
    With all the extra expenses your bill will be well over $100 bucks. I'm not speaking plans but bill in total. I went to see if getting off my unlimited would lower my bill depending on how much data I used. Nope my bill would be roughly the same. That's what I'm saying.
    RazrBlade
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Unless the sales rep lied to me.
    RazrBlade
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast