DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: [Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdonald

Could not have said it better!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
    Agreed
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    This is just like when ATM cards came out. They were free at first then when people starting them heavily and basically "couldn't live without them" the banks knew they had us. The fees started coming and we accepted them (for the most part.) VZW saw that we "couldn't live without them" and realized "we have them right where we want them." We have very little recourse; in my case:
    1. ATT? (Used to have them until we moved then I couldn't get their signal in my house.)
    2. Coverage? (Pretty much removes the rest of them.)
    3. LG Chocolate 3. (My previous phone before my DX.)
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Most wouldn't switch because " I don't want to change numbers." You mention number porting and their eyes will just glaze over .
    Americans are sheep and companies can and do do whatever they want because the sheep just want to Bah a little louder instead of actually getting educated on capitalism and how their wallet is king/queen in a capitalistic society

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2
    Lol this whole statement of yours, is a joke.
    I hope anyways.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I wonder if they plan to end unlimited for those under contract on 3g that move to 4g? With those of us already on 4g that are already grandfathered in left unlimited?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Sorry but I had sprint I ain't going back. I'll go boost or virgin mobile first. Maybe even metro that way the crappy service I'll get won't cost me as much. Sprint is the pits. Poor customer service and signal. With that said I can adapt even if I have to get a metro/boost mobile phone for home...and calls. And use vzw for business. Basically get non contract cheap for calls and text. Use vzw when I need it at work or on road for main data. I have a modem at the house so I use wifi when I am there.
    have you ever used boost/virgin mobile? or even metro? ive been selling all 3 products for 3+ years now and ill tell you this.. if you were not happy with sprint's customer service... you wont get ANY if you switch to either 3 of those prepaid companies... and when i mean ANY i mean you cant talk to customer service sometimes at ALL if your a customer... i have a dealer line to metro and boost so its not a problem but if your a customer all i can say is good luck.. all 3 companies automated phone services are designed to keep you from talking to a customer rep... plus the internet speeds will vary depending on how much there is left to spare... sprint customers get priority data, then boost/virgin get whats left to spare which equals slow data speeds... the 3g on their service can be as slow as verizon's 1x

all three companies have great value for their money but if your thinking that their 3G unlimited data is similar to verizon's or even sprints 3g then you'll be sadly disappointed.. Metro is barely getting 3g up now and while their 4G speeds are very quick the coverage is very very small when comparing to verizon's
  6. tc1
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Got myself confused.

So this is for 3g only and doesn't affect 4g?

If unlimited is eliminated totally, then I will dump smartphones altogether, and go with the cheapest service that gets good coverage and go back to old dumb phones.

Not going to worry about going over my limits and getting a sky high bill.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR

Really...

What happens here happens everywhere...data prices will continue to roll upward...gas will never really go back down...malt liquor never really changes price...and we all can't do a damn thing about it. Of course we will continue to drink malt liquor anyway...will use more data and we will take the medicine as it comes....and now you know....and knowing is half the battle.
    jroc likes this.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    It was bound to happen. All these people saying they're switching to Sprint. It probably won't be long until they move everyone into tiered data plans too.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid razr 4G LTE
    Big Red fu$%&d us with the poor excuse of a phone called a pure Google device... Now do it again with falsely leading us to believe we would be grandfathered into a unlimited data plan... It's barely been over a year since they went to a tier data cap.. Good bye Verizon.. Been experimenting with Straight Talk for awhile anyway and for now it's solid and im happy for 45.00 ... Now the question is... Do I wait and see if I can break my contract with no ETF or bite the bullet and pay....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    20 or so so far in this thread threaten to leave. Even if, though I highly doubt they all will, they all leave, let's say 1 million customers leave,Verizon will still have in excess of 80 million customers will still be on board and manyof those that leave will be data hogs only increasing Verizon's bottom line potential.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Let's just say 1-million contracts are ended, a blend of family setups and individuals so we'll call the average cost $125/month x 12 months per year x 1 million contracts = $1,500,000,000. That's $1.5 Billion in revenue lost. I think they might just notice. Heck, even being conservative and estimating the average contract cancelled to be $100/month that's still over One Billion per year. Someone on their board is going to be a wee bit unhappy if that goes down. Even low-balling and assuming they are only out $500 million, they will feel it. Money talks. Business 101: don't lose any customers that you don't have to, because it will cost you more to lure new customers in than to keep the ones that you already have.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Links