Nowhere did I say that I based my purchase or opinion on the beats audio, but, since you brought it up, here are the "retarded" reasons I chose the Rezound as my phone.
1. Camera was IMO the best of the 3 Tier 1 phones at the time. The Razr camera has noise and washed out color issues.
2. Screen looked much sharper and was not Pentile or an Amoled screen (I am concerned with Amoled screen burn-in since I use my phone a lot so this killed the Gnex for me)
3. Better development community than Razr, but not as good as Gnex
4. Super fast processor
5. Felt better in my hand than the Rarz, although not as good as the Nexus
6. Great radios and excellent speakerphone
7. Came with really good headphones (better than the typical el-cheapo set that comes with most phones)
8. Removable battery
9. Removable SIM
10. Very few reported bugs (again, this was kind of a Gnex killer for me)
Finally, I never used the word stupid in my response. Many people feel they don't need to be educated before purchasing a phone for many different reasons. Maybe they don't have the time or don't use their phone that much. For me, a smartphone is a significant purchase that I use every day for both work and play, so I made sure I spent a large amount of time researching all three phones before making my decision.