The Samsung Press Event in London has just commenced and the super-hyped official smartphone of the London Olympics, the Samsung Galaxy S III GSM has been officially announced. Here's the full breakdown of what we know that is no longer rumor and innuendo:
- Quad-Core Exynos 1.4GHz Processor
- 1GB Ram
- 4G (Dependent on market)
- 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED (1280x720) display
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 8 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS - Burst shot & Best photo, Recording snapshot, HDR
- 1.9 Mega pixel camera, HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p)
- Bluetooth® 4.0(LE)
- 16/ 32GB User memory (64GB available soon) ＋ microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- 2,100 mAh
- S Voice - Voice Command Software - Can Respond to You talking to it on your desk
- Voice Activated Photo Capture
- Direct Call - Hold it up to your ear while displaying a contact and it will autocall
- Social Tag - Automatic Facebook tagging using facial recongnition
- S Beam Sharing - merges NFC and WiFi for instant video sharing
- Buddy photo - take a photo of your existing friends SGS3 recognizes the faces and can send a copy of it to everyone it recognized -- sent through MMS or email
- Available in Two Colors - Blue-Grey or White
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Six sensors - Accelerometer, RGB light, Digital compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer
What do you guys think? Are the specs and aesthetics everything you hoped?
Updated: We are adding more features as they filter in from the live event. It will be coming to Europe on May 29th, and will come to the United States in June!
We also have a dedicated sister-site for the Samsung Galaxy SIII! You can check it out over @ S3Forums.com!