DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S III Officially Announced

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I don't factor in the UI, as that can always be changed by the user. I refer to the physical appearance of the phone. The One X just has a really sleek and clean look.

Quote Originally Posted by champaned_out View Post
    so there are a few of you that have said the one x looks more appealing but havent really said why except that htc sense > touchwiz which i agree... but other than that, why are some people stating the one x looks like a all around better phone than this one? and lastly why say you would rather pick up the one x over the GS3? when and correct me if im wrong the one X will never see big red

i dont think theres a single phone out there that will sway me enough to switch carriers... especially since im grandfathered in with the unl data plan... imo if people are due for a upgrade right now, this would be a nice upgrade if what you have right now is older than a year... i bought the thunderbolt on launch day and ive been somewhat in the middle about it... im hoping that when and if this is available for verizon it will cover all those problems i am having right now and if it does i wont mind locking another 2yr contact..
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    I don't factor in the UI, as that can always be changed by the user. I refer to the physical appearance of the phone. The One X just has a really sleek and clean look.
    Agreed.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    ??? I've never had radio issues on my galaxy nexus...
    Many people including myself have returned their nexus for this reason. I dont trust sammy's quality control after having many devices (not just phones) fail shortly after purchase. Maybe I just have bad luck!

Mek's X
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    I waited to see this phone and though it looks like good specs, Verizon's will be different. I think I will be picking up a Nexus soon. The camera will be way better than my DroidX's camera and my DX is getting very old. I have a huge cluster of dead pixels on the screen and the battery doesn't last for squat anymore. I really want to hold out to for the Galaxy Journal, but I do feel I need to replace my phone. I don't think my phone will last until June and that is only a rumor of when the Journal will be released. No date has ever been announced. I was hoping it would have been yesterday.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    Idk about that. When the Fascinate came to VZ, it barely changed. HTC carries that bad habit. Not Samsung.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    I don't get what all the fuss is about... It looks like a pretty sleak phone. Maybe my taste in aesthetics are different from the mainstream, but I would totally be amped to show that phone off. And even if you didn't like the outside, wouldn't you end up putting a cover on it anyway? Most people put their phones in Otterboxes, regardless of how good/bad the phone looks, so I don't think exteriors carry too much weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kparks View Post
    I'm kidding about the fanboy but stand by my other statements killer what exactly did this bring to the table that was supposed to wow.
    No other ANDROID phone on the planet has it's features or capabilities. The new crop of Android phones are just more of the same, better specs same old capabilities. Android was getting tired. Samsung has just raised the bar and totally revolutionized Android, not hardware, not aesthetics, not radio technology. ANDROID. This was much needed and we all will benefit from it. If the other manufacturers don't figure out how to spice up Android like Sammy just did, guess where those sales will go? Samsung will end up having a lock on Android handsets relegating the other manufacturers to back-up duty.

I'm not a fan of the Nexus or any of their other phones, but the SIII is by far the most impressive Android handset to date....in my opinion of course
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    No other ANDROID phone on the planet has it's features or capabilities. The new crop of Android phones are just more of the same, better specs same old capabilities. Android was getting tired. Samsung has just raised the bar and totally revolutionized Android, not hardware, not aesthetics, not radio technology. ANDROID. This was much needed and we all will benefit from it. If the other manufacturers don't figure out how to spice up Android like Sammy just did, guess where those sales will go? Samsung will end up having a lock on Android handsets relegating the other manufacturers to back-up duty.

I'm not a fan of the Nexus or any of their other phones, but the SIII is by far the most impressive Android handset to date....in my opinion of course
    It's don't understand your argument... How is what Samsung did with the GS3 any different than other smartphone makers? Even Apple lovers can't really say they have reinvented the smartphone with every new iPhone. Siri has been the farthest leap forward Apple has made and that's not that impressive.

Smartphones have eclipsed the top of the bell curve... All new phones are going to be subject to diminishing returns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    droid x
    I think this article sums up my feelings about the gs3-

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/5/4/...broke-my-heart

Mek's X
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    I got a better summary for everyone who is downing the SGS3.

Wait till you get your hands on it and then make judgement. I already demo'd the One X. SGS3 is next.

People downing the phone and haven't even even seen it yet. Lol. Just what they see on the internet.
    Smh.
    Narsil likes this.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links