DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Federal Ban on All Cell Phone Use While Driving Proposed For US

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Dangit, who resurrected this thing...

Narsil likes this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    It's been ongoing.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 VRUDMI1 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by droidx2010 View Post
    I got lost in the 1st paragraph, sorry... I was never into "War and Peace".
    To sum up this novel above-Cellphones should be banned while driving, period. They should have the same laws as those in Arizona for DWI cases. 1st offense=hefty fine with points on your license - possible license suspension, 2nd offence=hefty fine AND 30 days in jail.
    I disagree. If distraction is the issue, then why put radios in the car? Your eyes come off the road when you fumble with the knobs, especially with non-steering controls. How about kids or any other passenger?
    "Daaaaaddddd, I dropped my glass of juice!!" "Moooommmmm, Billy leaked out of his diaper!!!"

Printed maps to look at? banned.
    Looking out the window? banned.
    speedometer not on a HUD display? banned.
    Makeup in the car, or shaving? banned
    just last night... flat tire warning light on the dash? banned if the car cannot tell me "Right rear tire is flat" without having to look down.
    Heck, even rear view mirrors distract.

Anything has a potential for distraction. Singling this out is absurd. having a law specific for this is a waste. If I was a cop, i'd stop alot of people for "careless" driving without needing this law passed.
    Narsil likes this.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by droidx2010
    I got lost in the 1st paragraph, sorry... I was never into "War and Peace".
    To sum up this novel above-Cellphones should be banned while driving, period. They should have the same laws as those in Arizona for DWI cases. 1st offense=hefty fine with points on your license - possible license suspension, 2nd offence=hefty fine AND 30 days in jail.
    Wow. You probably shouldn't drive at all. You might have a passenger in your car speak to you or someone nearby could blow a horn. Maybe your car starts making a funny noise. You could wreck and kill everyone on the street. Talking on a cell with a hands free device is not going to be the biggest distraction for any driver. If it is, please step away from the car. The phone too, for that matter.
    Narsil likes this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I don't see what the problem with texting while stopped at a red light is. You're not moving.. As long as you see the light turn green and put down the phone when it does.
    Absolutely Loving my Galaxy S3
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman View Post
    I don't see what the problem with texting while stopped at a red light is. You're not moving.. As long as you see the light turn green and put down the phone when it does.
    quite hilarious.....most people texting at a light "get delayed" when it turns green. Personally, I like to see them texting and then when they look down I blow the horn and they take off and the light is still red Lesson to learn here....this is a learning moment for ALL.

Texting is indeed a distraction. No matter what your perspective is. Talking on hands free or even on the phone though should be acceptable. No difference than other people in the car.

I DO NOT text while driving. I DO take calls and use the phone itself or hands free. I ended up tinting my windows limo tint so I cannot be seen and singled out for a ticket. I hate being grouped in with people that cannot talk and drive. I can do it and others can to but some just cannot.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    quite hilarious.....most people texting at a light "get delayed" when it turns green.
    But that helps protect them from the guy running the other red light due to texting...
    Narsil and justin82 like this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Like was said earlier are they going to ban everything from a car and make them dune buggies? No mirrors, no radio,etc.

I like the people who fall asleep at a red light or are talking to their passenger or child and just cruise through the red light. Those are the people they need to go after. Like the Police have said it's hard to enforce the law because they can't see most people on their cell phones unless they are sitting at a red light next to them.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman View Post
    Like was said earlier are they going to ban everything from a car and make them dune buggies? No mirrors, no radio,etc.

I like the people who fall asleep at a red light or are talking to their passenger or child and just cruise through the red light. Those are the people they need to go after. Like the Police have said it's hard to enforce the law because they can't see most people on their cell phones unless they are sitting at a red light next to them.
    dune buggies won't work. the dust that gets kicked up will cause you to squint or go blind for a moment. We'd need to ban dust and dirt in the air when we are driving too.
    Narsil likes this.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    ok maybe motorize bicycles?
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Links