DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [RUMOR] Samsung to Make the Next Nexus...Yes, Again

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

[RUMOR] Samsung to Make the Next Nexus...Yes, Again

We are going to throw this one up as rumor. According to DigiTimes and Industry insiders, "Google Inc is cooperating with Samsung as its primary production partner for the launch of its second and third own-brand smartphones."

Since Samsung has become the top vendor of Android smartphones, Google will continue to have Samsung develop its next-generation Nexus models, leveraging Samsung's innovation ability with regard to the Android platform, and its ability to control the supply of key components, said sources.
    Keep in mind folks that DigiTimes has missed the boat on more than one occasion, and this is only one source. If the decision on the next manufacturer has not been made yet, you can bet it is going to happen very very soon. We'll keep our eyes peeled for reliable information that will verify the veracity of this rumor. Does it matter who makes the next Nexus, or is there a preference? Perhaps Motorola? Maybe HTC again? We want to hear from you.

Source: DigiTimes
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    i personally would love to see moto .. but they would have to unlock bootloaders. which i dont see happening. rather have HTC then samsung though. so far not impressed with the samsung galaxy nexus
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    We're talking about the same Google that was rumored to have made a recent statement about NOT using Samsung as a partner anymore for it's flagship devices due to inconsistent build quality and persistent software bugs, right?
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin82 View Post
    i personally would love to see moto .. but they would have to unlock bootloaders. which i dont see happening. rather have HTC then samsung though. so far not impressed with the samsung galaxy nexus
    lets take a look back at memory lane at motorola's first (unofficial nexus like) vanilla "android saving" "deity of android" Droid.

We just saw how great the og droid was and I think its long over due for a motorola branded nexus or another motorola droid (the unlocked on we all know and love).
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Really?
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    lets take a look back at memory lane at motorola's first (unofficial nexus like) vanilla "android saving" "deity of android" Droid.

We just saw how great the og droid was and I think its long over due for a motorola branded nexus or another motorola droid (the unlocked on we all know and love).
    I have this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia today for that first Droid that changed the world. I miss that og but I am proud. It might sound stupid but I'd love for them to re-release the og Droid but with a larger screen, thinner, 4g lte, the tegra CPU, & a gig of ram, with an unlocked bootloader and devs can all flock to it, creating all kinds of Roms n goodies for us to play with- like it used to be. -golden accents, very thin physical keyboard, no more blur, etc
    God I'm daydreaming.
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Last edited by bens42608; 04-25-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    pc747 and techRob like this.
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bens42608 View Post
    I have this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia today for that first Droid that changed the world. I miss that og but I am proud. It might sound stupid but I'd love for them to re-release the og Droid but with a larger screen, thinner, 4g lte, the tegra CPU, & a gig of ram, with an unlocked bootloader and devs can all flock to it, creating all kinds of Roms n goodies for us to play with- like it used to be. -golden accents, very thin physical keyboard, no more blur, etc
    God I'm daydreaming.

Maybe we should all call/email/petition vzw about it and maybe they may cave ....
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    It's only a matter of time until Android and Nokia become friends. Once this happens, it will end all talk of who should get the Nexus. Could you imagine the Lumina 900 as a Nexus device running 4.0 right now?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by bens42608 View Post
    God I'm daydreaming.
    It's called the Droid Razr. :-D

Didn't we find out that any company that wants to can submit a prototype/proposal device to Google when we went through the g-nex cycle? Because if I remember right HTC and LG had both also submitted prototypes but Google chose to go with Sammy's design. I don't think Moto had even submitted a design according to the info I had seen.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    I've got no issue if Samsung makes it again. I'd like to see a lesser known get a shot though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links