One of the big pieces of news lately was the surprise purchase of Instagram by Facebook for $1 Billion dollars. More info has come to light recently that suggests the deal could actually end up being worth much more than that. Apparently, according to the New York Times, Mark Zuckerberg "negotiated [the deal] mostly on his own," and only 30% of that Billion dollar figure was in cash. The other 70% was in Facebook stock. While the $300 Million dollar cash part of the deal seems pretty lucrative, the stock option for the other 70% could increase in value if the IPO for Facebook goes well. Of course, if the IPO does poorly, it could go teh other direction, although I doubt you will see anyone involved complaining too much.
So... does anyone in the forums feel like they have a billion dollar idea?