DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Droid RAZR HD (XT926) Coming to Verizon; May Be The Droid Fighter

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Bigger more demanding screen just means even with that bigger battery it will drain quicker. I will stick with my MAXX and two days on one charge thank you very much.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2, Samsung Tab

So what?

Up front, I am the (proud?) owner of the X2. Had it since day 1 from BB. I can upgrade next month with a switcheroo but I went and compared it to the Droid Maxx which led me ineluctably to say, "So what?" Take 4G out of the equation and you have a phone that is a tad wider and a tad taller. I use the Motorola extended battery and sometimes the bigger Gorilla, so size and longevity are nonissues. I really don't need 4G even though I have an unlimited plan forever. I don't stream, play long games or watch movies. In fact I rarely go over 500 MB per month. It would cost me $290 to upgrade. If I were coming from a dumber phone it might make a difference. Coming from the X2 logic and integrity compel me to conclude, "So what?'
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I am some what in the same boat as you. I have a Droid X(rooted & overclocked) and docking stations and my upgrade is in just a few days. If I were to upgrade it would be the Razr Maxx,($300 ouch) but I do not have 4g in my area so if I hold off awhile longer until I have 4g in my area a better phone will most likely be out. Maybe even this Razr HD. For the next few days I will be flipping a quarter to upgrade now for a Razr Maxx or hold off till 4g comes in my area.

Should I wait a while or go for it???????
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmanham View Post
    I am some what in the same boat as you. I have a Droid X(rooted & overclocked) and docking stations and my upgrade is in just a few days. If I were to upgrade it would be the Razr Maxx,($300 ouch) but I do not have 4g in my area so if I hold off awhile longer until I have 4g in my area a better phone will most likely be out. Maybe even this Razr HD. For the next few days I will be flipping a quarter to upgrade now for a Razr Maxx or hold off till 4g comes in my area.

Should I wait a while or go for it???????
    if you dont have 4g and your happy with the droid x i see no reason to upgrade .. just wait until the right deal comes up for a phone.. unless you want to beat the 30.00 upgrade fee
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I am in the same boat, I have the Droid X and do not want any new phone enough to pay $300. I see that Wirefly has the Nexus on sale today for $149 (upgrade), but I really don't want a phone with a bad 2 way radio. If they would offer me the Razr Maxx for $149, then I might be tempted. I almost jumped on a Rezound for $49, probably should have, but too late now.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links