DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [RUMOR] Google to Sell Motorola Mobility to Huawei?

  1. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    wow. They sure look similar. The only huawei I handled was such a POS. I'm freaking shocked
    From everything I've read/seen (was with Virgin Mobile for awhile), the Triumph is basically a rebranded X6. All that simply to show that Moto/Huawei have a relationship prior to now, even if it's a small one.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,050
    Liked
    1568 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #22
    Wow way is coming out with a blazing fast Quad Core. Their not going to be a second rate competitor (at least not this year)

    Huawei Unveils Quad-Core Ascend D Smartphones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
  3. Droid Ninja
    52brandon's Avatar
    Member #
    28679
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,021
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    From everything I've read/seen (was with Virgin Mobile for awhile), the Triumph is basically a rebranded X6. All that simply to show that Moto/Huawei have a relationship prior to now, even if it's a small one.
    interesting. The huawei feels soooo different from every Moto I've handled. The Moto phones, while I dislike their software now, have always been extremely solid feeling
  4. Master Droid
    xsylus's Avatar
    Member #
    14658
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
    Posts
    882
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    #24
    I wonder if they will keep the motorola brand name. While motorola isn't perfect and they've made some bad decisions (cough*motoblur*cough) motorola has been my prefered brand for years. I read that Huawei made a phone that is thinner than the droid razr. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices It might be thinner but is the quality comparable to the droid razr and other motorola products. I was hoping google would release motorola phones with a user option to include or exclude motoblur. I'd love to see an official stock vanilla install on my droid 4 just to see if I prefer it to motoblur. At any rate google seems to love throwing us curve balls.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    _________________________
  5. Droid Ninja
    akhenax's Avatar
    Member #
    87512
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,033
    Liked
    179 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #25
    Buying MM was a mistake by Google. They should have just bought a controlling interest in the company and left it at that.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

    Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  6. Master Droid
    loki993's Avatar
    Member #
    136351
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    613
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Wow way is coming out with a blazing fast Quad Core. Their not going to be a second rate competitor (at least not this year)

    Huawei Unveils Quad-Core Ascend D Smartphones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    And I still wouldn't buy it. They are not a manufacturer that I associate with quality. Make a super fast phone, but if its still a piece of junk it doesn't matter. Now I can understand that maybe their best stuff may not have been available here in the States, but if that's the case you have to prove to me that you have a quality product. I'm not going out and blind buying something from them like I would Motorola or HTC, just because its one of the fastest phones on the market. Plus what carrier is that coming to? Cricket wireless? One of the prepaids, no thanks. Although the prepaid route may be looking more and more enticing lately lol.
  7. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    I wonder if they will keep the motorola brand name. While motorola isn't perfect and they've made some bad decisions (cough*motoblur*cough) motorola has been my prefered brand for years. I read that Huawei made a phone that is thinner than the droid razr. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices It might be thinner but is the quality comparable to the droid razr and other motorola products. I was hoping google would release motorola phones with a user option to include or exclude motoblur. I'd love to see an official stock vanilla install on my droid 4 just to see if I prefer it to motoblur. At any rate google seems to love throwing us curve balls.
    It's possible they'll keep it here in North America, and places where the Moto name is more recognizable then Huawei.

    It should be noted that I think there have been phones (like the Triumph) that bare other names, but are manufactured by Huawei, or another company.
  8. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    interesting. The huawei feels soooo different from every Moto I've handled. The Moto phones, while I dislike their software now, have always been extremely solid feeling
    The Triumph doesn't exactly live up to normal Moto phone's standards, at least the Moto's I've owned...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  9. Droid Ninja
    52brandon's Avatar
    Member #
    28679
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,021
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    The Triumph doesn't exactly live up to normal Moto phone's standards, at least the Moto's I've owned...
    lol, makes sense. Sounds like Moto subcontracted them to make a cheap phone... how a company Moto subcontracted is able to buy them is still confusing...
  10. Droid Ninja
    jaycemiskel's Avatar
    Member #
    74156
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,382
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    lol, makes sense. Sounds like Moto subcontracted them to make a cheap phone... how a company Moto subcontracted is able to buy them is still confusing...
    From what I've heard, haven't really checked to make sure, they're backed by the Chinese government which is why they can afford it. I figured Google would want to remain out of the manufacturing business. Don't want to piss off everyone else.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Google Buys Motorola Mobility, What Does This Mean for DX2 Users?
    By moomooplatter in forum Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 07:17 PM
  2. Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility
    By Preach2k in forum Android News
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM
  3. Google Acquiring Motorola Mobility.....
    By tcrews in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 09:23 PM
  4. Google buying Motorola Mobility
    By saintlikesniper in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 06:53 AM
  5. Motorola Mobility being Acquired by Google.
    By ilikemoneygreen in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 06:24 AM

Search tags for this page

google motorola huawei
,
google sell motorola
,
google sell motorola mobility
,

google selling motorola mobility

,
huawei buys motorola mobility rumor
,
huawei motorola mobility
,

huawei to buy motorola mobility

,

is wowway part huawei

,
motorola mobility google huwai
,

motorola mobility huawei

,

motorola mobility rumors

,
motorola mobility sold to google
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+