DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [RUMOR] Google to Sell Motorola Mobility to Huawei?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    wow. They sure look similar. The only huawei I handled was such a POS. I'm freaking shocked
    From everything I've read/seen (was with Virgin Mobile for awhile), the Triumph is basically a rebranded X6. All that simply to show that Moto/Huawei have a relationship prior to now, even if it's a small one.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Wow way is coming out with a blazing fast Quad Core. Their not going to be a second rate competitor (at least not this year)

Huawei Unveils Quad-Core Ascend D Smartphones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    From everything I've read/seen (was with Virgin Mobile for awhile), the Triumph is basically a rebranded X6. All that simply to show that Moto/Huawei have a relationship prior to now, even if it's a small one.
    interesting. The huawei feels soooo different from every Moto I've handled. The Moto phones, while I dislike their software now, have always been extremely solid feeling
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    I wonder if they will keep the motorola brand name. While motorola isn't perfect and they've made some bad decisions (cough*motoblur*cough) motorola has been my prefered brand for years. I read that Huawei made a phone that is thinner than the droid razr. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices It might be thinner but is the quality comparable to the droid razr and other motorola products. I was hoping google would release motorola phones with a user option to include or exclude motoblur. I'd love to see an official stock vanilla install on my droid 4 just to see if I prefer it to motoblur. At any rate google seems to love throwing us curve balls.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Liked
    179 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Buying MM was a mistake by Google. They should have just bought a controlling interest in the company and left it at that.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Wow way is coming out with a blazing fast Quad Core. Their not going to be a second rate competitor (at least not this year)

Huawei Unveils Quad-Core Ascend D Smartphones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    And I still wouldn't buy it. They are not a manufacturer that I associate with quality. Make a super fast phone, but if its still a piece of junk it doesn't matter. Now I can understand that maybe their best stuff may not have been available here in the States, but if that's the case you have to prove to me that you have a quality product. I'm not going out and blind buying something from them like I would Motorola or HTC, just because its one of the fastest phones on the market. Plus what carrier is that coming to? Cricket wireless? One of the prepaids, no thanks. Although the prepaid route may be looking more and more enticing lately lol.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    I wonder if they will keep the motorola brand name. While motorola isn't perfect and they've made some bad decisions (cough*motoblur*cough) motorola has been my prefered brand for years. I read that Huawei made a phone that is thinner than the droid razr. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices It might be thinner but is the quality comparable to the droid razr and other motorola products. I was hoping google would release motorola phones with a user option to include or exclude motoblur. I'd love to see an official stock vanilla install on my droid 4 just to see if I prefer it to motoblur. At any rate google seems to love throwing us curve balls.
    It's possible they'll keep it here in North America, and places where the Moto name is more recognizable then Huawei.

It should be noted that I think there have been phones (like the Triumph) that bare other names, but are manufactured by Huawei, or another company.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    interesting. The huawei feels soooo different from every Moto I've handled. The Moto phones, while I dislike their software now, have always been extremely solid feeling
    The Triumph doesn't exactly live up to normal Moto phone's standards, at least the Moto's I've owned...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    The Triumph doesn't exactly live up to normal Moto phone's standards, at least the Moto's I've owned...
    lol, makes sense. Sounds like Moto subcontracted them to make a cheap phone... how a company Moto subcontracted is able to buy them is still confusing...
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    lol, makes sense. Sounds like Moto subcontracted them to make a cheap phone... how a company Moto subcontracted is able to buy them is still confusing...
    From what I've heard, haven't really checked to make sure, they're backed by the Chinese government which is why they can afford it. I figured Google would want to remain out of the manufacturing business. Don't want to piss off everyone else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links