DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [LEAK] Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx ICS Delayed, Best Buy Screenshot

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

[LEAK] Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx ICS Delayed, Best Buy Screenshot

Last week an image from Best Buy's internal systems showed that the Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx update to Android 4.0 were due to be pushed on April 4th. As we all know, it's now April 5th and RAZR/Maxx owners are still without the update. So what happened? According to a Best Buy tipster the updates have been delayed and he/she provided a screenshot. The tipster did not mention when the updates would be pushing out and there was also no mention or why it was delayed.

What's interesting to note is that the Rezound's update has not been cancelled, so we will see if this screenshot holds any water. There always seems to be controversy surrounding Android OS upgrades and things have not changed with ICS. It's coming, it's not, it's due then, it's been delayed. A good rule of thumb is to never believe the first 4-5 rumors that make the rounds. Nine times out of ten they are never right. What say you? Legit screenshot, or is someone trying to cover their buttocks?

Via: Phonedog
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    doubt it.. but time will tell ICS will be 3rd quarter on rezound or razor my guess
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin82 View Post
    doubt it.. but time will tell ICS will be 3rd quarter on rezound or razor my guess
    I dont know rezound users are playing with the leaked version (which looks very well like the final product). I betting the rezound is not to far off from ics... In fact most rooted rezound users have been playing with a stable ics since mid February.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid RAZR
    Could be a side-effect of the thousands of people who flooded the Dev/Staging servers a couple days ago using the Cheesecake app. There's a way to install that very leak (6.14.75) without using Moto's servers now, so I am actually fairly unconcerned with this delay.
    Droid RAZR 6.16.211 Rooted 4.0.4
    ASUS Transformer Prime stock 4.0.3
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    The Rezound could still be true. The Razr/Maxx info was just flat wrong to begin with, and whoever posted that on Best Buy is probably just covering their behind now. It's all over the place that the current soak test which was supposed to start today is a GB patch, not ICS. The Rezound, however, matches up with HTC's said timeframe, or pretty close to it - plus, as pc stated, there's been a leak for that floating around for awhile, and that leak was supposedly tagged as a release candidate.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    I dont know rezound users are playing with the leaked version (which looks very well like the final product). I betting the rezound is not to far off from ics... In fact most rooted rezound users have been playing with a stable ics since mid February.
    hope i am wrong .. that would make a lot of (stock) rezound users happy.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    The Rezound could still be true. The Razr/Maxx info was just flat wrong to begin with, and whoever posted that on Best Buy is probably just covering their behind now. It's all over the place that the current soak test which was supposed to start today is a GB patch, not ICS. The Rezound, however, matches up with HTC's said timeframe, or pretty close to it - plus, as pc stated, there's been a leak for that floating around for awhile, and that leak was supposedly tagged as a release candidate.
    Exactly. The announcement was likely only for the Rezound, and Best Buy just doesn't want to admit they screwed up.

And I wouldn't really expect ICS for at least a couple of months. Any sooner than that, they wouldn't have bothered with the GB update.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    HTC phones have or are nearing launch with ics.. The Rezound could get it first.

The thing is ics for the RAZR looks so much like stock it may be easier to update than the Rezound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Last edited by jroc; 04-05-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Well for me, I really don't care. My Razr is working great and taking awesome pictures. I don't want some update that might mess up my phone!
    blacksoxing likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    ArtfulSacrifice
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I hope the Rezound rumor is true, just because I have a friend with a Rezound and I would love to see what the official ICS will be like on it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links